Left overs?

Options
I tried to pawn my extra food yesterday (I did all the cooking for a few friends) off on people but it didn't work. I wouldn't be to worried except there is a LOT of mashed potatoes left and they are my favorite. I normally make mine "light" but these are full of fat! I don't think I'm going to get back on track til they are gone :frown:

Anyone else dealing with the left over demons?

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I tried to pawn my extra food yesterday (I did all the cooking for a few friends) off on people but it didn't work. I wouldn't be to worried except there is a LOT of mashed potatoes left and they are my favorite. I normally make mine "light" but these are full of fat! I don't think I'm going to get back on track til they are gone :frown:

Anyone else dealing with the left over demons?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Break them up into smaller containers, portion and calorie controlled. Eat mashed potatoes from now until kingdom come and ENJOY it!! Just eat portion controlled amounts of your fabulous mashed potatoes!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Save some, like Lauryn suggested, and throw some away. Fortunately, potatos are still cheap enough where discarding some leftovers won't break your heart. Yet.

You can also google some good recipes using mashed potato, where it isn't the MAIN COURSE. Good luck !!

And Demon leftovers? Heavens, no. I can always find a use for leftover ham and turkey. Turkey soup, turkey salad sandwiches. And HAM??? It won't last in my house. Ham and cheese omlets for the men, and a little bit of ham salad , I can throw the chunks in a stir fry, and the bone gets used in pea soup!! I can't wait for that!! mmmmmm.

Plus I have 4 cats. They like to 'help' too.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Left over sweet potato casserole. My favorite. Loaded with butter and sugar and pecans. And peanut butter pie
  • swissdutchess
    Options
    If you don't want the temptation, just throw them out. I've done that w/ my favorite chips before. My friend made chips and dip and when there were all these left overs at my apartment, I just threw them out. It was hard cause I wanted to eat them all, but I just did it! Better to get the temptation out of the way.

Also, I agree w/ the person who said to portion it off into containers. Good idea, too.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    ~~~~~~~shhhhhh there are brownies in my kitchen~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ali_uk
    ali_uk Posts: 16
    Options
    The only way I cope is to batch and freeze when clearing up the night before, or immediately fill the pans or dishes with water so that it is disgusting- that way when I wake up in the morning I don't want it!!
    Otherwise little miss piggy clears up all on her own!!!
    Sometimes if its really tempting, like a cheeseboard, I make my husband throw it away in the food recycling bin so it is out of the way and out of mind or.......................... big trouble!!
    What do you have for turkey day ? .............apart from turkey?
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I agree with throwing them out. Most "starches" are cheap...toss em'. :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    ususally DH takes care of the left overs! He is so sweet like that.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    ususally DH takes care of the left overs! He is so sweet like that.

ROFL, my DH does the same!! What a coincidence.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Throw them away. It's not as much a waste as eating the extra calories and having to lose the weight will be.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Throw them away. It's not as much a waste as eating the extra calories and having to lose the weight will be.

I like the way the male mind works. Simple, efficient. :wink:

Thank you so much. I am now throwing away the brownies and the stuffing:sad: ....DH doesnt need that crap either:angry:

(can you protect me when he awakes to more celery and carrots!!!!!:laugh: )
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

I brought my leftover peanut butter pie to work to share and will toss the leftovers before leaving to go home. :wink:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Thank you so much. I am now throwing away the brownies and the stuffing:sad: ....DH doesnt need that crap either:angry:

Well not if you keep feeding him healthy food and he gets strong.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Well not if you keep feeding him healthy food and he gets strong.

He can run faster than me, but it takes him 5 minutes of groaning to out of the chair, so I have plenty of a head start! :bigsmile:
    (of course he lost 16 pounds without logging all his freakin calories!! :laugh: }
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

Gee, I'm eating toll house chocolate pie right now!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's mother sent us home with a plate of food to share, a bag of salad, another bag of turkey, a pumkin pie and a case of regular Pepsi!

HELP!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Gee, I'm eating toll house chocolate pie right now!

My DH was kind enough to dispose of the brownies before I had to. He left the pan with the yummy crumbs in it. Now please understand, these were no normal brownies, but Ghiradeli semi sweet chocolate chip with fudge iceing, brownies.

As I was standing, staring into the pan, my DH walked up behind me, took the pan and put water in it.

Whew....now if I can survive my homemade cinnamon bread I make for Christmas, I will be happy!!:flowerforyou: