Beginner exercise videos

Options
I'm looking at purchasing some exercise videos for a beginner. I'm especially interested in hearing where you have used videos for weight loss.

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Unless you're a hard-core athlete, exercise alone will not make you lose weight -- the "I worked out hard and really deserve this extra slice of pizza" effect is all too real. Calorie deficit for weight loss; exercise for health.

That said, I used T25 most of last winter and liked it (and I hate exercise videos in general). Won't say it was the main reason I lost 45 pounds during that period (the calorie deficit did that), but it kept me toned up and in reasonable aerobic shape.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Youtube has lots of free videos you can try out to see what you like to do
  • sadiecara
    sadiecara Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Try fitness blender. Loads of stuff on there x
  • Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Definitely FitnessBlender!
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm a Jillian Michaels fan through and through. All three levels of her 30 Day Shred are available free online and I think is an excellent place to start.

Pro tip: take measurements with a tape measure and take before and after photos! A lot of the time the changes in your body don't show on the scale.
  • skeen090
    skeen090 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Last April I bought Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred at Target for like $10. I followed it religiously for the first month and lost about 8 lbs. I did it the next month, switching between the 2nd and 3rd level every 10 days. Again, I lost about 8 lbs. I like Jillian Michaels dvd's, but I did get bored after about 2 months. Results were great though!

I've also been meaning to try her Ripped in 30. Also about $10 at Target or Walmart.

Tomorrow I will be starting Shaun T's Focus T25. I just had a friend tell me that she lost 18 lbs. doing 10 weeks of T25 so I'm sold!

Hope this helps!
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies.
  • mommyscott6
    mommyscott6 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    21 Day Fix through Beachbody is easy to start with too!
  • dcrain02
    dcrain02 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I 2nd the 21 day fix. I'm seeing big results and the modifiers are great. There are a few modifiers I still can't do, but its a great package. The food plan is totally doable as well and really compliments my lifestyle so I recommend that too. They really push Shakeology, but its doable with or without Shakeology. I enjoy working out at home and purchased a few dance workout videos to do in addition to the 21 day fix workouts. I'm going into my 3rd week and feeling great. Weight is dropping off at a slow and steady rate and I feel like I'm in control of my eating for the first time in years. I almost feel like its a healthier and more doable version of South Beach (if that's possible since South Beach is already pretty healthy)
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Im a beginner now so cant give the best advice. But i recently started jillian michaels 30day beginner shred and its a great workout surprisingly for only 20-30min. I didnt realize until after i bought the beginner shred (walmart $8) that the regular 30ds is free on youtube!
    Also, when looking through youtube and fitness blender, i came across leslie sansones walk videos. I loved it! Dont know how great of a workout it was (45min, 3miles) but I actually enjoyed it and will do it on days im just too sore to do the shred. I think you should just go on you tube and look around for one you enjoy. And mix it up. Theres all different types there. Lol but i did a "beginner" yoga that i could barely finish.
    I still aim for the gym 3days a week, but with all the snow weve had recently, i loved discovering at home workouts. Let us know what you get!