breakfast ideas

Options
hey guys! i need some breakfast ideas??? to me thats the hardest meal inless i wanna eat half my calories! i miss my 2% milk so bad only 1 cup for 130 calories :( orange juice aint much better!! i wish i wasnt so picky too

Replies

• betterthanmama
    betterthanmama Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This will sound really gross but, I eat 1/4cup oatmeal (plain) with 1/4 tsp metamucil original... it looks like snot, but very filling and the metamucil is quite sweet. Also keeps you regular! (only recommended to those who will eat weird things)

I stopped drinking milk because I love it so much and can drink 2-3 glasses without thinking. Oh milk how I miss you..
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    1 cup skim milk 80 cals 8 grams of protein
    3 eggs 210 cals 18-20 grams of protein
    1/4 cup mozarella (skim) 80 cals 5-10 grams of protein.

easy breakfast. make an omelette with a cup of milk. under 400 calories. Low carb, and packed with protein.
    Breakfast of champions :)
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is old fashioned oats made w/ skim milk instead of water, with cinnamon and ginger and a sliced banana in it. It comes it at 335 calories, but stays with me all morning.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for more breakfast ideas....
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    im maiking porridge with skimmed milk (280ml) and 40g scotts porridge oats (which is about 260 cals) I add a spoon of dessicated coconut (optional - 49 cals) and then top with apricots (100g = 37 cals ish) but you can play around with different fruits toppings etc, and if you need it sweeter, use splenda or similar. Warm, filling :)
  • miclavd
    miclavd Posts: 15
    Options
    I always try to have fat-free yogurt, a banana (or some fruit), and a hard-boiled egg without the yolk along with water to drink of course. It does feel me and it's under 200 calories.
  • missvics
    missvics Posts: 112
    Options
    I recently read and article that states you should drink Vitamin D milk, preferably chocolate every day. Vitamin D combined with calcium helps your body to block fat. Check out the article. It's pretty interesting.

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/6-best-worst-snacks
  • faithgin
    faithgin Posts: 32
    Options
    i usually have an egg white omlet with a slice of cheese in it. sometimes a little ham or turkey in it
    4 egg whites 64 calories
    2% cheese slice 45 calories
    2 oz turkey 60 calories
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    According to fitness experts, half of your daily calories (based on 1,200 calories per day) should be consumed at breakfast. It's the most important meal and will help fuel your body the rest of the day. It also teaches your body not to go in to starvation mode in the morning which will lower your metabolism to conserve energy. I try to get anywhere between 450-600 calories in at breakfast. Then spread the rest out between lunch, dinner and snacks. Since making this switch 2 months ago, my weight loss has kicked in to high gear and I am now only 2.8 pounds to reach my goal weight. I even started exercising less because my weight was dropping so easily. Of course, everyone is different and it will depend what types of food you're eating for breakfast.

A typical breakfast for me is a 2-egg omelette (yolks included) with diced ham, onion and spinach. One slice of 12-grain toast (dry) with one slice of low fat American cheese. One cup of coffee (black) and one glass of skim milk (4 oz.). Half a banana (medium size).
  • Doing_me
    Doing_me Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I used to eat cereals with skimmed milk but now im trying yoghurts, fruits or egg white omelette if I have the time. My problem are snacks... Cant find the right snacks ;(
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been loving the Hungry Girl: 300 under 300 cookbook. It has something called egg mugs. I've been having 1/2 cup egg beaters, 1 tbsp real bacon bits, and one wedge of laughing cow cheese cut into chunks. You put it all in a mug sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and microwave until done (about 1 min. 30 seconds for me). IT'S SO GOOD!
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 Eggs with any kind of cheese (or Laughing Cow cheese, only 35 cals). Veggies galore! Tomatoes and spinach, broccoli and mushrooms, peppers and onions... all of the above together!! Sometimes I top with salsa and a bit of sour cream. Okay I am up to 250 calories max. You can add fruit, a side of potatoes, toast, or yogurt w/ fruit. Up to about 400 calories.... This is my favorite breakfast with so many variations... I cook extra veggies for dinner to use in my eggs, or I cook extra veggies with breakfast to eat for lunch!
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    We love unsweetened coconut and almonds milks!! Also, I do 3 eggs, 1/2 of fat free cottage cheese, cup of mushrooms and 3oz of baby spinach DELICIOUS!!

Also Greek yogurt and any kind of berries. When I am on the go I do egg sandwiches, 2 eggs, 2 slices of cajun turkey lunch meat, whole grain bread and a little bit of balsamic vinaigrette on the bread as dressing.

Good Luck
  • sheree1984
    sheree1984 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hungry girl has these egg mugs that are really good and simple to make. My favorite is the BTA mug made with 1/2 cup egg beaters,1/4 cup avocado, 2 tbsp. bacon(Hormel real bacon crumbles) and 1 oz diced tomatoes. Put the eggs in a mug and microwave one minute. Stir gently. Add diced tomato and bacon and microwave another minute or two. Stir and top with avocado. its actually really good.. and under 300 cals
  • sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been loving the Hungry Girl: 300 under 300 cookbook. It has something called egg mugs. I've been having 1/2 cup egg beaters, 1 tbsp real bacon bits, and one wedge of laughing cow cheese cut into chunks. You put it all in a mug sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and microwave until done (about 1 min. 30 seconds for me). IT'S SO GOOD!

I LOVE this idea! I've wanted to try this cookbook. Very cool.
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    its a pain for me because i cant eat eggs so cant have omelette/pancakes/boiled eggs and I have an intolerance to wheat so I don't eat toast or wheat based cereal either, doesn't leave me with much low fat filling breakfast options!