Hi Im back for a 2nd go...I need freinds, my old ones aren't here anymore!

Options
LexGN
LexGN Posts: 24 Member
I need some encouragement, I used MFP successfully 3.5 years ago to lose 28lbs. I kept it all off until about 6 months ago, my hypo thyroid decided to give me another run for my money, and I gained 5 or 6 lbs, and the last month I've gained another 10.... so 15lbs is my goal, but would love to add another 5 to that, and hit my lowest weight since having my 5 beautiful children. I try to get inspired and want this, but my energy is pretty low due to my thyroid. Please be my friend and encourage me, I know I can do this, I've done it before, I just have to get out of this funk I'm in. I am a good cheer leader as well. I am in my upper 30's and am starting feel a little old and I HATE feeling old!

Replies

• kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm in my ehm..30's..with children too. Have thyroid issues and pcos. Not letting it stop me from reaching my goals and absolutely refuse to allow this junk to run my life anymore. Lets do this!
  • anna_jewel
    anna_jewel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Request sent :)
  • Amzing_amy
    Options
    Hi I'm looking for some friends too. Sahm to 3 kids, one is only ten months. I've packed it on since he was born, need to get it under control as I'm hoping to go to uni next year. Feel free to add me :)
  • sweetest_potato
    sweetest_potato Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started a new MFP as well. I'm 19 and I've recovered from anorexia and am focusing on gaining muscle. Feel free to add me!! :smile:
  • thecurvyvixen
    Options
    Trying to send a request but it is being stupid haha. Feel free to add me. i am a return mfp member too ;)
  • NessaTheWild
    Options
    I'm back to mfp after a long hiatus and we are trying to lose similar amounts of weight. I'm also trying to drop weight that crept back on after being shed. Feel free to add me.
  • Femme_TC1527
    Options
    Feel free to add me also :-)
  • FaridPERU
    FaridPERU Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • KSNelson2013
    KSNelson2013 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, Im looking for some friends also. I fell off track and when I logged back on some of my friends disappeared. I've been a yo yo dieter and I'm really trying. This is the shortest time I fell off track since I joined MFP and Im getting better but I would love more support to keep me going.
  • teresal65
    teresal65 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I would like to have more encouragement and support, also. I am in my 40's and have never really needed to worry about weight issues, but I have noticed a middle that won't go away and want more defined muscle tone. I am on week 3 and have a totally different mindset this go around. :smiley:
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    LexGN wrote: »
    About 6 months ago, my hypothyroid decided to give me another run for my money, and I gained 5 or 6 lbs, and the last month I've gained another 10.... so 15lbs is my goal, but would love to add another 5 to that, and hit my lowest weight since having my 5 beautiful children. I try to get inspired and want this, but my energy is pretty low due to my thyroid.

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease). Thyroid meds (in my case, Synthroid & Cytomel) reduce the fatigue so I can be more active. But I kept gaining & gaining until I learned to log everything I eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging is simple, but it ain't easy. Logging works.

MFP has a hypothyroidism & hyperthyroidism group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/753-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • jparnnell
    Options
    Hey :D add me if you like ...am in my 40's no kids n have to fight my hypothyroid all the time
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm coming back after a long drop off too. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's and Adrenal Insufficiency last September, after years of struggling with fatigue, weight gain, and overall feeling like crap. 3-1/2 months in, taking a ton of daily vitamins, and cleaning up what I eat have made a HUGE impact. Now that I am feeling 90% better I am ready to take on weight loss.
    eta I am 51, 5'4" and have 60 pounds to shed - eeeeeek!