Surprised Myself on Week 1

Options
I've been using MFP for 1 week, and I lost 5 pounds already! What a great way to start!! :-)
I'm just following the MFP guide and eating back half of my exercise calories.
I'm waling 2 miles a day with my family (my kids are loving it!) after dinner and I've used my elliptical for 15 minutes at a time a few times as well. I am also eating in 6 smaller meals instead of my old habit where I wouldn't eat anything until 2pm and then I would eat 2 big means and that was it all day! It's hard to get a new routine going, but I'm doing it and I'm surprised with myself. I've never intentionally lost weight before, this is big for me :)
I know some of you might laugh, but a small NSV for me today too, I'm finally not too fat for the Wii Fit anymore. I weighed myself on it this morning and I thought I was going to cry. I haven't been able to use that thing in months. Embarrassed to admit that... but hurray for a great start!!! :-)

Replies

• losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!
  • ☆ShawnsMom08☆
    ☆ShawnsMom08☆ Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great Job Girl!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations on a great start! Come post if you ever need encouragement or just someone who understands. Or if you need someone to kick your butt and get you back on track! We all can use that from time to time. :)
  • ChrisR0128
    ChrisR0128 Posts: 86
    Options
    WTG good job. Just remember took time to gain, it"s going to take time to loose. Awesome start!!!!
  • kailyamie
    kailyamie Posts: 130
    Options
    WTG good job. Just remember took time to gain, it"s going to take time to loose. Awesome start!!!!

Thanks! And you are right, and that is my approach. I am an impatient person! But, I am giving myself until 30 to reach my goal. I will be 27 in August, so I think it's manageable!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    congrats! we won't laugh because we totally understand! great first week! :-)
  • 2monkeys
    2monkeys Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, what a wonderful accomplishment.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Awesome yes that is a great way to start off!
  • Tree19
    Tree19 Posts: 2
    Options
    WTG!! So happy for you!! :D
  • Fluffy1962
    Fluffy1962 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome, keep up the great work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!