12. Watermelon
13. Grapefruit
14. Sweet Potato
15. Honeydew Melon

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Dirty dozen and the Clean 15! I keep this list stored on my smartphone so I remember when grocery shopping which veg and fruits to buy organic.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    my DH bought regular blueberries and strawberries yesterday - I told him that is NOT good. I went and bought organic strawberries today - they cost twice as much but it's worth it to not have toxins on them.
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    I always use fit veggie cleaner on all my veggies and fruits and only buy organic or pick straight from my garden
  • nickiben
    nickiben Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Organic tastes so much nicer too!!
  • mowrynation
    mowrynation Posts: 91
    Options
    A good veggie wash is easy to make yourself to remove some of these nasty things

Mix 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
    2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
    1 cup cold water

Add to a spray bottle. spray on produce, rub or scrub and rinse with water before cooking or eating.
    For larger volumes of produce, soak in a bowl and rub or soak each item, and again rinse well.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have eaten something off that list at least once each day, everyday of my life. I'd say we are safe. :laugh:
  • maureenB7
    maureenB7 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This is a great list, but even organic produce sometimes has been sprayed with organic pesticides. I wash all produce with an organic soap and rinse rinse rinse! Imported produce may have been sprayed pesticides that are banned in the US. Thanks for sharing these lists, :smile:
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I like to think that they are keeping me pest free from the inside.
  • jdm_taco
    Options
    I like to think that they are keeping me pest free from the inside.

Outstanding!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I have eaten something off that list at least once each day, everyday of my life. I'd say we are safe. :laugh:

just because you feel fine now, does not mean it is safe. :)
  • jdm_taco
    Options

You are right. It is possible that it might make a marginal and insignificant difference.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    If I plan on eatting the peel I wash it with soap before cutting anyway. Berries get dumped in a bowl with soapy water and swished around, then rinsed with cold water in a collander. Apples, cucumbers, pears, celery (anything with durable peel) gets scrubbed with a scrubbie and soap and rinsed in cold water. Things that get peeled before eatting just get rinsed with cold water before peeling. It's not just the pesticides I am washing off.... think of all the bugs that have walked on the stuff, all the birds that have pooped on the stuff, all the hands that have touched the stuff on the way to market, and all the people that have sneezed in the produce section of the store.....
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

You are right. It is possible that it might make a marginal and insignificant difference.

Or it could be the cause of cancer you may develop later in life.

It is fine if you don't think avoiding chemicals on your food is important. However, if you feel that way, why bother even commenting on this thread? I don't buy into the HCG diet or diet pills, so when I see a thread about it, I don't click on it. Easy enough!
  • jdm_taco
    Options
    Just thought we came here to share opinions and ideas. Im not looking to start a fight or attack anyone.