17 Day Diet?

Options
My husband purchased the 17 Day Diet Book and I've decided to test it out with him. I was wondering if anyone who is trying to lose 5-10 pounds has tried this diet with any success? Today is my first day and I'm finding that I'm way under my calorie goal for the day before I even exercise. I've been doing well just by using MFP but have been at a standstill on weight loss for about a month though I notice that my clothes fit better. Any advice?

Replies

• hclayton46
    hclayton46 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Search 17 Day Diet...I know there is a thread with like 20 pages of comments and info.
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Is that the diet system developed by Gweneth Paltrow's (probably misspelled) trainer?
  • AmandaJPK
    AmandaJPK Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks Moonsprite02! I'll try to check it out. Spayrroe, I'm not sure if that's who it was or not. All I can say is that today is day two and I feel awful. I'm tired and have a headache. MFP tells me I should have a calorie intake of 1200/day. Last night, after exercise class and logging everything I ate for the day, I had 960 or so calories left for the day to eat. This diet only allows for limitless amounts of certain proteins and vegetables in the first cycle of 17 days, 2 servings of fruit/day before 2 p.m. and 2 probiotic/yogurts (which are optional). You have to drink hot water with lemon before you eat anything and a cup of green tea with every meal. Since I joined MFP in January, I've lost a total of 6 lbs and my goal was 10. When I told my husband I didn't think this diet was right for me, he ridiculed me for not giving it a chance, saying 'way to make it 24 hours'. I think maybe I need to tweek my diet routine and throw in some more exercise (because I've been totally slacking) to get where I want to be without starving my body.
  • LauriinSB
    LauriinSB Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I only have a few more pounds to lose and it helped break my plateau, give it a try
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hey, if it's making you sick, it's making you sick! That's not being weak, that's you not wanting to do damage to yourself!

Besides, you have to be careful with doing these extreme diets to just lose a few pounds and then stop. A lot of times (Atkins is notorious for this) as soon as you stop living on that diet because you hit your goal, weight jumps right back on.

I'm not trying to sound negative, to those that think it's great, I'm glad it's worked for you. However, if you're feeling that bad on this, it's probably not for you.