Sooooo hungry, but why????

Options
Ive been using MFP for about 6 months, and only 1lb away from end goal so love it!!! Ive never been hungry one over the past 6 months, but this last week ive been starving!! Ive still been eating all my calories, and not changed my eating habits, so whats going on???????

Replies

• mowrynation
    mowrynation Posts: 91
    Options
    I give credit to the change in the season here.
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Is it close to TOM? or have you changed your exercise routine....outside more, working out more/less? If you are that close to your ideal weight your body may be telling you to bump up the calories naturaly to even things out/maintain your weight.
  • nickiben
    nickiben Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Not near TOM, havent been exercising any more than usual. Its very strange!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I can't say for sure whether this is the case, but it's possible that your metabolic rate is higher than MFP estimates. This is the case for me and lots of people that I know. You can consult some 3rd party calculators to get a second opinion on your average daily burn.
  • nickiben
    Options
    Ive had a look at some BRM calculators, and that gives me a lower cal that what Im using now. But thats only at rest, so not sure what is it during the day normally.
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    Try something like this as it includes a total overall estimate by factoring in your activity level
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/healthtool-metabolism-calculator
  • nickiben
    Options
    Thanks - just tried it and its alot more than what Im eating. Maybe as Im getting fitter, my matabolism is changing. Will just have to keep adjusting my calories to see what works, but terrified of putting weight on....
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    Could very well be. Also, MFP's estimates seem quite low to me. I suspect this might be on purpose, in order to add some buffer for human error (since we do tend to underlog what we actually eat). Looks like you have done great. Don't be afraid to make some changes slowly. Perhaps you can increase 100-200 calories per day and try that for a while. In my experience, every time I've bumped up calories, I've felt much better, and weight loss continues.
  • nickiben
    Options
    The past few days, Ive had good exercise burn and eaten the earnt calories, and havent felt as hungry even though my net has been smaller. Maybe I did just need more food!! Thanks for your help.
  • JPRobocker
    JPRobocker Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It could be that your body is happy where it is. It wants more maintainance calories than it needed before because it doesn't have as much fat to burn for the extra energy. I've heard multiple times that the last few pounds come off easier when you up your calories and lower your weight loss per week. I've got 5 more and I'm in the same boat as you: stuck and hungry. I'm going to try setting my weight loss goals to 0.5 pounds/week instead of 1 and see if that helps.