Squash and Zuchinni Medley

Options
Amandac6772
Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
I've been doing this to try to get more veggies in during the day. Not a fan of salad, especially a salad every day.

1/2 cup zuchinni chopped (big chunks)
1/2 cup yellow squash (big chunks)
a few musrooms
a little onion if you like
1/2 to 1 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
Mrs. Dash Italian Medley

I eat it raw or you can saute it a little. It's EASY and quick to pack for lunch.

Replies

• angelmuss
    angelmuss Posts: 45
    Options
    That sounds yummy. I can't eat salads every day either.
  • Roe1968
    Roe1968 Posts: 133
    Options
    want another good one...butternut squash chopped into cubes, cubed red onions, season with salt & pepper and spray with Pam olive oil...roast in the oven till tender and slightly brown on edges. take out of the oven and toss with baby spinach, pine nuts and a small amount of dried cran raisins...to die for and make a big batch great all week right out of the frig....
  • caradon
    caradon Posts: 14
    Options
    That sounds so delicious!! I am totally going to try it! Maybe I could actually force my husband and kids to get some veggies too with this!
  • Lacey34
    Lacey34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Roe, I like that idea! Thanks.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    want another good one...butternut squash chopped into cubes, cubed red onions, season with salt & pepper and spray with Pam olive oil...roast in the oven till tender and slightly brown on edges. take out of the oven and toss with baby spinach, pine nuts and a small amount of dried cran raisins...to die for and make a big batch great all week right out of the frig....

I do too and I hadn't thought about using the Pam Olive oil...that would save a ton of calories.