Hi! I'm new to this and looking for support

Options
Let me introduce myself and give a little background. My name is Debbie and I am needing to lose 50 pounds or so. You see, I'm a type 2 diabetic, since 2008, and I need help losing weight to get my blood sugar under control. So chats with other type 2s would be great! I hope to begin chatting with new friends soon and my hubby has started this diet too so maybe he'll pop in here and introduce himself too. : )

Replies

• GlucernaBrand
    Options
    Welcome to the group Debbie. It's great that you and your husband are making changes together! ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • debbie50heffsue754
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome Lynn. I hope there will be some more people that can help educate me on type 2. I recently was switched to insulin from being on Metformin for many years. I can't help but notice the Glucerna brand after your name. I've never tried it but I'm not into many products claiming to be for diabetics.
  • sheliajim
    Options
    Hi Debbie, I'm type II as well and am working towards getting my weight down. I'm insulin resistant. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie! Feel free to add me as a friend. I lost 82 pounds because I am determined that diabetes will not take me like it took my Dad. You can do this!