Need good ONLINE workout videos? NO dvd player!

Options
I was about to ask for the P90 system (a little toned down version of p90X) for Christmas and then realized - I don't even have a dvd player. Ha ha.

Are there some good daily workout video sites that are affordable that you really like? I am not in good shape at all so something with beginner workouts that anyone (even a flabby person like me) can follow?!

What ones do you like?

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I'm a big youtube fan. Jessica Smith is my favorite, and I'm a beginner too.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should ask for a DVD player for Christmas! :) I'm doing 30DS and it's available online.
  • habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Options
    fitnessblender.com has a ton of free workouts and you can choose what level you want
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    youtube
    fitnessblender
    sparkpeople
    free phone apps (like PumpUp which has a workout generator)
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    youtube
    fitnessblender
    sparkpeople
    free phone apps (like PumpUp which has a workout generator)

I'm going to download that now! I've been playing around with apps lately but haven't found one I really liked.
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    habit365 wrote: »
    fitnessblender.com has a ton of free workouts and you can choose what level you want

this. :)
  • radiatingkayla
    radiatingkayla Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    nike has a great app! also, youtube (pop pilates, vinyasa yoga, other various stuff), fitnessblender, spark people, general calisthenics, dancing around to your favorite playlist, hula hooping with a weighted hoop to music, etc! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Try youtube
  • fifilan
    fifilan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com. They have hundreds of youtube the videos with all different types of workouts for all levels.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I also use videos from You Tube and that is free.
    There are a few Leslie Sansome walking videos on there I have tried, Jessica Smith TV, Sparkpeople, Fitness Blender, some dance type workouts. Just search for workouts and you will find a lot of variety.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    You can't buy a DVD player? They're $20.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    fitness blender is great On youtube I do blogilates(with cassy ho),bob harper has a lot of workouts on there,hasfit,the stronger series with nicky holander(the videos are also on livestrong.com),popsugar has some decent workouts,Befit(befit in 30,befit in 30 extreme,befit in 90) is another good one,christine salus, Billy blanks,etc. There are many workouts on youtube now. just not any of the beachbody ones. all the above ones I have done more than a few times. Jillian michaels also has a few of her dvd workouts there too.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    players are dirt cheap unlike the Beach Body Programs.
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender is great. If you want to start out gently and can cope with someone with an incredibly sunny disposition, the Leslie Sansone 'walk yourself fit' ones on YouTube are good (you walk on the spot in your living room).
  • MartyAlencar
    MartyAlencar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    neilarey.com
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    habit365 wrote: »

this. :)

double this!!!!! :smiley:
  • catrinasjourney
    Options
    Youtube has endless workout videos, I stopped buying workout DVDs because of the variety on there. Here is my favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiP6wD_tYlYLYh3agzbByWQ
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Big thumbs up for Fitness Blender from me. I also just discovered a site called BodBot that gives you a free daily workout once you go online and register with all your stats and goals. I signed up but haven't used it because I'm still in the middle of a Fitness Blender 8 week program.
  • dtopo
    dtopo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I fond one called FitStar that seems cool. Really gauges the workouts to what you want to do and what you can handle. Anyone tried that?

Also found one called Daily Burn that seems kinda interesting.
  • dtopo
    dtopo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Is it weird to take your IPAD to the gym and do the workouts in the yoga studio at night along with the IPAD video? When the studio is not in use of course? We don't have a lot of empty floor space in our house and it's old carpet so when I jump or lunge the carpet actually moves and shifts (probably not good for the life of carpet).