spices not in MFP...

Options
I've searched for chopped onion and it's not in the database.
It's not like a real onion that i chopped. but its in a spice jar, and its dried chopped onion.

all my spice canister says is "Spice supreme chopped onion" there is no nutritional facts on it.

anyone have any idea?

Replies

• mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    I use alot of spices as well. I just look on the bottle of what 1 tsp = raw. Then look it up on here and get my calories from that :)
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    search for dried minced onion. mccormick is in the database.
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I tend to skip spices, since the calorie values are usually in the single digits if at all. I'd google it - since there are lots of other more thorough nutrition databases out there.
  • tiffanyjade09
    tiffanyjade09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Look it up on google. Is there a name on the jar?
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Can you go to the manufacturer web site and get the info or maybe maybe Google nutritional info do dried chopped onion and then add it to the database? Hope this helps:)
  • JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    search for dried minced onion. mccormick is in the database.
    minced onion...didnt think of that. i tried "dried onion", "chopped onion" and "dried chopped onion" lol

thanks ill try this
  • Fenyx
    Fenyx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Few things I would look at, that I've had to do myself. Search for the brand, or Google the exact name with "nutrition" in there. Something should pull up. Fortunately the worst you might get from spices are sodium. Most I've found have been low on calories and most everything else but sodium. Hope that helps =) If it's not on MFP Google "Spice supreme chopped onion nutrition info". Then you can use that and there's an option when searching for foods to make a new food list, so use Google to do it =). From what I've found there are 4 calories in a TBSP of chopped onions, so I would go off of that too.
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You can add it to the database if it is not in it. :smile:
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Are people adding in enough spices in their foods to have a significant number of calories to consider?

Wouldn't 1-2 teaspoons of anything be negligable?

If not, I'm in trouble.