Weirdest message you have ever gotten online

Options
laurasuzie3
laurasuzie3 Posts: 493 Member
What's the weirdest/creepiest/funniest message you've gotten on here, a dating website, Facebook, or any other website?

I have two that come to mind!

A few years ago on this website, I received a message from a man telling me he wanted to "eat mashed potatoes off my chest".

About a year ago, I got a Facebook message from a man I didn't even know and I don't know how he found my profile. He was a father and mormon (My family is mormon, although I currently am not practicing). He was looking for a "righteous young woman" for his return missionary son to take to the temple (marry) and he wanted to know if I was interested. Creepyyyyy...

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    No way I can tell.
  • kvelcro
    Options
    Someone thought I needed dating advice (social skills thread)... and so, I got links to these pick-up artist videos which got more bizarre as I skimmed them.

The first video was normal, self-esteem building... and the fourth was basically emotional abuse advocating.

I look like a boy / tomboy from my avatar (I was kind of cosplaying as a butler), but I'm a girl, and kind of horrified those videos existed on youtube and that someone thought they were doing me a favor by showing them to me.

And one time someone said they mentioned me during a seance... (I am completely alive here) and it bothered me later that they mentioned my name while talking to dead spirits.