Not enough calories!

Options
Ok, so I'm findind it extremely hard to consume anywhere near 1200 calories a day! Some days I can do it, but most days, I only end up consuming less than 1000. Any advice or suggestions would be nice.

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Without knowing your weight and height it's impossible to make an informed comment.

If you are not very overweight and are of average height, no, 1000 a day is not enough for your basic nutritional needs to be met.
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Add a smoothie with peanut butter, lots of fruit, protein powder and/or juice, and/or milk, and/or yogurt:)
  • Tiffy11011
    Tiffy11011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Without knowing your weight and height it's impossible to make an informed comment.

If you are not very overweight and are of average height, no, 1000 a day is not enough for your basic nutritional needs to be met.

It's not possible for your basic nutritional needs to be met at 1000 a day, ESPECIALLY if you're overweight... your body needs calories (fuel) to help it function.
  • Cole625
    Cole625 Posts: 3
    Options
    Trader Joes Valencia Peanut Butter w/Flax on 1 slice of whole grain bread with 1 tbsp of creamed honey is a fabulous well balanced snack that can give you the right kind of calories back into your diet. I also drink a protein shake before I go to bed every night and that helps keep the cals up. If you're trying to lose weight but not getting enough cals, it will become counter productive bc your body could go into starvation mode. Where if you eat more (right kind of calories) you'll be amazed that you'll lose more. Good luck!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Make your food diary public and you'll probably get more helpful feedback.
    -LP
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Add avocado, nuts, peanut butter, a glass of milk or juice. any of these will give you almost 200 extra calories per day. Add more than one and you should have no problem meeting your goal.