49 Calorie Hot Cocoa Mix

Options
NoStoppingNow77
NoStoppingNow77 Posts: 38 Member
I found this recipe on Truvia.com. They have it shown with the natural sweetener for 35 calories a serving. I used the baking blend instead which makes it 49 calories a serving.
Ingredients:

1⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk
3 Tbsp nondairy creamer
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1⁄8 tsp Diamond Crystal® kosher salt
1⁄4 cup Truvía® baking blend

Makes 6 servings. Add 3 tbsp to 6 ounces of hot water.
I made a double batch of mix and put in the blender to make it the same consistency as store bought stuff. It tastes just as good as the 130 calorie packets.

Replies

• LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Ohhh sounds yummy, I might try!

I currently buy sugar free hot cocoa. 60 calories a pouch.
  • NoStoppingNow77
    NoStoppingNow77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the sugar free ones yet. I'm sure they taste pretty similar to this though. But this is probably WAY cheaper and I like cheap!
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I just drink the regular Nestle hot chocolate. :) I have some hot cocoa nearly every night after supper when it's cold.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I was going to do this, but it turned out my grocery store doesn't have nonfat dry milk, so I just bought the diet Swiss Miss. At 25 calories, I figure I can add that in even when I wasn't planning for it, anyway.
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This would make a great gift, placed in one of those squat little Mason jars tied with a ribbon :)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of a SF dark chocolate cocoa ? Either a recipe,or a box of the instant.
  • LilyOfTheValley008
    Options
    I use Natvia's stevia sweetened drinking chocolate mix and love it! (10 cals per serve)
    Also the Jarrah white hot chocolate sachets are INCREDIBLE (not sugar free) and seriously like a real hot chocolate for me.

Pretty sure these are both only Australian products though