Borderline Anemia? Thyroid?

Options
2»

Replies

• steviecooke1985
    steviecooke1985 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hypothyroid and anaemic here - seems to be quite common. Think there was a thread about it in the hypo group on here a while ago. Get the doc to check your B12 as well as iron because mine is actually B12 related anaemia not really iron. Made me feel more tired than when my thyroid went wrong (crazy I know!). :smile:

EDITED TO ADD: also if you're UK based, this isn't a test a doc will normally do. You have to present with anaemia symptoms then have a full blood count test, come back with possible anaemia and then they'll send you back for B12 and folate normally. A few people have mentions ferratin too - I think I had that done as part of the full blood check.
  • LexGN
    LexGN Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    have you been tested for celiac? Its common with hypothyroidism, and it would cause your symptoms.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    LexGN wrote: »
    have you been tested for celiac? Its common with hypothyroidism, and it would cause your symptoms.

You're responding to something from July. Maybe a PM to the OP will be better ;)

• Monsterdog1114
    Monsterdog1114 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would be miserable with a TSH of 2.5. Many people with hypothyroidism find that they do best at the low end of the range, which would normally be closer to .3 So the increase to your meds might be the correct action. But as you said you were looking for a new Dr.