I'm back! :)

Options
sway1080
sway1080 Posts: 45 Member
Hey all! :) Well after losing about 25lbs I've gained back 5 over the summer up until now..basically due to not logging consistantly and slacking on working out...well i'm done with that! I am back to lose those 5lbs and then another 5!! :)
I only have myself to blame!! Time to be BACK ON TRACK! :)

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    sway1080 wrote: »
    Hey all! :) Well after losing about 25lbs I've gained back 5 over the summer up until now..basically due to not logging consistantly and slacking on working out...well i'm done with that! I am back to lose those 5lbs and then another 5!! :)
    I only have myself to blame!! Time to be BACK ON TRACK! :)
    Actually, it's due to eating more than you burn.
    But, welcome back! Are you going to tweak your plan a bit? (i.e. let's make this the last time you're "back"). Cheers and good luck! :smile:
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • sway1080
    Options
    Yep thats true! Eating more than I burn!
    I don't need to tweak my plan as what I was doing was working great for me...it was when I stopped working out/logging that I had gained.
    I only have been lazy to blame and i'm done with that!! :)

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I don't need to tweak my plan as what I was doing was working great for me...it was when I stopped working out/logging that I had gained.
    So the plan is to log for the rest of your life? That seems hard to do, imho.

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Not really, actually.

I plan to log for the rest of my life. Whether I am trying to lose weight, bulking, whatever. This is now part of my life and will be forever.

Thinking of it as a "once I get to a certain size" will not work. How else are you going to track calories in vs. calories out?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I am going to log for the rest of my life! It's easier than having to deal with getting fat all over again!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited December 2014
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Not really, actually.

I plan to log for the rest of my life. Whether I am trying to lose weight, bulking, whatever. This is now part of my life and will be forever.

Thinking of it as a "once I get to a certain size" will not work. How else are you going to track calories in vs. calories out?

Okay. Track for the rest of your life. That seems a challenge when "life happens". Every day people return and say they gained it back because they stopped logging. That speaks to the challenge of logging "forever".

To *me* MFP is a tool, to learn about food, myself etc.
    The goal (in my opinion) should be to learn enough not to need to log every day.
    How do all the people who aren't overweight and don't log their meals do it?

ps: I've been maintaining without logging for quite a while. In large part, I think this is because I have more knowledge now than I did before. And I stay active.

Regardless, best of luck on your journey.

ETA: logging for bulking/cutting etc, is different. That's a very specific purpose.
  • jkwolly
    edited December 2014
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Not really, actually.

Okay. Track for the rest of your life. That seems a challenge when "life happens". Every day people return and say they gained it back because they stopped logging. That speaks to the challenge of logging "forever".

To *me* MFP is a tool, to learn about food, myself etc.
    The goal (in my opinion) should be to learn enough not to need to log every day.
    How do all the people who aren't overweight and don't log their meals do it?

ps: I've been maintaining without logging for quite a while. In large part, I think this is because I have more knowledge now than I did before. And I stay active.

Regardless, best of luck on your journey.

ETA: logging for bulking/cutting etc, is different. That's a very specific purpose.
    I think what you're saying is a few percentage of the population. Yes, I think I would also love to get to a point where I am eating properly and active enough I don't NEED to track, as that would be amazing. Am I going to push myself too early? Probably not, and that's why I say for now I will use it for life.

I am not overweight by any means, but my lifestyle has changed and I find this a good tool, as you said. I used to be super active and thin as a rod, now I am less active and little less thin haha.
    BUT kudos to you and hopefully more people can get to being able to have a comfortable balance and maintain without logging.

Sadly, the majority of people won't be able to do that, so I just wanted to make a point that it's not hard per say, but it needs to be a mindset for those unable to practice moderation.

:)
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, get er done! :)
  • jkwolly
    Options
    Oooo and I wanted to add that yes, the bulking/cutting is super specific, sorry for being a B and throwing that wrench in haha.
  • CignaSi
    CignaSi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. :)
  • garrisaa
    garrisaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also back. I lost 35lbs about 1.5 years ago with myfitness pal. I did this as I knew I was going to have another baby eventually. Well we tried, I got pregnant, had a healthy baby girl, and gained the weight back. So, now I am back. The hardest thing was getting started. Then I remembered that feeling I love, of watching the scale go down :smile: I now have 18lbs to lose to get to my pre-prego weight! I hope to lose a few more as well. Good luck to you all!!!
  • caseyblack922
    Options
    Good for you @sway1080! You got this! I too have come back recently and feel determined and motivated. This site is excellent and helped me tremendously lose 45 pounds (I put a few back on) and I am back on track!
  • sway1080
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! :) Good luck to you all! :smiley: