Need good ONLINE workout videos? NO dvd player!

Options
2»

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    dtopo wrote: »
    Is it weird to take your IPAD to the gym and do the workouts in the yoga studio at night along with the IPAD video? When the studio is not in use of course? We don't have a lot of empty floor space in our house and it's old carpet so when I jump or lunge the carpet actually moves and shifts (probably not good for the life of carpet).

I don't think it would be weird, but I have the same carpet issue and I bought a marked-down area rug for about 25 bucks (steal!). Look in the clearance bins at Lowe's/Wal-Mart/JC Penney/Home Goods.

• cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    dtopo wrote: »

Also found one called Daily Burn that seems kinda interesting.

I tried Daily Burn twice and didn't like it. I much prefer workouts from YouTube than the ones on Daily Burn.
  • Slharrison14
    Slharrison14 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    there are lots of great ones on youtube!! I love it bc I never get bored with so many different ones to choose from
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I've researched FitStar and it looks awesome, but for now I have to stick with FREE. It's on my Someday List. LOL!
  • 1moretimetho
    1moretimetho Posts: 33 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Where is your computer set up? And how old is it? Your CD rom should be able to read DVDs.. I definitely did my p90x in the computer room a few times.

And..do you have a VCR? If so, check out your local library (for both tapes and dvds)
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am doing a free 30 day trial of Daily Burn. I am using the True Beginner program and I really like it. Once my free trial is up I think I'm going to cancel it though (it's $10 a month) and try fitnessblender or some free YouTube programs.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Dailyhit.com but as stated above DVD Players are very cheap. Also is your computer capable of playing a DVD.
  • dtopo
    dtopo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yeah don't really want to use a DVD anymore. Like to be able to use by bedroom or the gym or garage so it would need to be on computer no matter what.

I will look at YouTube - seems strange.
    -
    I would like workout system that knows how hard I can go, what my goals are, etc but hey - could be just what I need. Will go check it out tonight.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You can get a cheap laptop with a DVD drive just about anywhere. Laptop or Ipad, not much difference in form factor there.
  • svsdesigns
    Options
    knitapeace wrote: »
    I've researched FitStar and it looks awesome, but for now I have to stick with FREE. It's on my Someday List. LOL!

It's really great I am using it from last year, it will really help you achieve your goals.

You can use promo code ZIQLFO to get first month of premium free :smile:
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Jessicasmithtv.com stride and strength episode I (with hand weights) and episode II (with resistance band) - my new favorites - feel stronger every day - episode 1 kicked my butt today - but in a great way!!! - She is not boring to listen to at all....the moves are doable and she does her workouts in very small spaces....take a look...she has tons of other videos as well...I have a very large amount of weight to lose, but since doing her workouts I feel stronger mentally and physically and with eating within my parameters I'm actually losing weight!!! what a novel idea ;) - Best of luck to you!!!