Abs are made in the kitchen

My sister-in-law recently pinned this and it is so true. What I put in my mouth is my biggest struggle because I love food! With the holidays approaching I am trying to find fun ways to ditch the snack table and find other things to do during that time. Any ideas? What do you do at the holiday party, big dinner, or gift exchange to avoid the cheese ball?

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    I know I'm going to eat a lot at holiday festivities, so I just exercise more and plan my other meals around it the best I can. I also only eat things I know I'm going to LOVE. For example, if somebody brought cookies they bought at the store and somebody else brought cookies they made at home, I'm only going to eat the homemade ones. No sense wasting calories on something I'm probably not going to enjoy.
  • lottlin
    lottlin Posts: 5 Member
    Good point, homemade is always better! Thanks for the tip
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    I let myself have a good time without really worrying about calories. I just make sure I maintain my workouts or maybe throw an extra workout in.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Throw all of my hard work away in a week and spend two months trying to get back there. Does that count?
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Fill up at the veggie tray! Then you really will stick to just a dab of the cheese ball.

I'll allow myself one drink at the beginning of the night and then switch to water. I've successfully done this at weddings, showers, etc already.
  • bekool
    bekool Posts: 9
    edited December 2014
    I'll allow myself one drink at the beginning of the night and then switch to water. I've successfully done this at weddings, showers, etc already.

This is exactly what I do or even get one drink and hold onto it all night
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    lottlin wrote: »
    My sister-in-law recently pinned this and it is so true. What I put in my mouth is my biggest struggle because I love food! With the holidays approaching I am trying to find fun ways to ditch the snack table and find other things to do during that time. Any ideas? What do you do at the holiday party, big dinner, or gift exchange to avoid the cheese ball?

can i have the abs recipe then please?
    coz i am working hard in the gym to find mine!

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    cw106 wrote: »

can i have the abs recipe then please?
    coz i am working hard in the gym to find mine!

eat less than you are burning.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Find the hottest person at the party and bang them in the closet! You'll end up burning a bunch of calories and then won't feel so guilty over indulging on the holiday fudge your favorite aunt made! You're welcome! B)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    tmpecus78 wrote: »
    Find the hottest person at the party and bang them in the closet! You'll end up burning a bunch of calories and then won't feel so guilty over indulging on the holiday fudge your favorite aunt made! You're welcome! B)

Bingo!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited December 2014
    I know I'm going to eat a lot at holiday festivities, so I just exercise more and plan my other meals around it the best I can. I also only eat things I know I'm going to LOVE. For example, if somebody brought cookies they bought at the store and somebody else brought cookies they made at home, I'm only going to eat the homemade ones. No sense wasting calories on something I'm probably not going to enjoy.

This is the best advice really. That is how I approach parties and the holidays. It's about having fun and then I get back to work.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Abs aren't really made in the kitchen, but I get what you mean.

For holiday parties and such, I think the best advice is to just not overdo it. It's just food. Eat what you like but don't pig out. Exercise more and eat lighter on other days if you want to overeat at the party.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

I love food and don't limit myself at dinners, holiday parties etc. Eat what you like, be diligent with workouts and eating when not scarfing down xmas cookies etc and you'll be fine