I'm not waiting till Monday...

Options
For the last few weeks, I have not been logging consistently... I have not been working out regularly... I've indulged myself... and obviously, as a result I've not made any progress towards my goal.

I was planning on starting back up this week, but I ate too much on Monday and Tuesday. Usually at times like this, I would just give up for the whole week and try to get back on track next week... I would always think/say - "I'll start on Monday"... but not this time - I am starting today and I am NOT waiting till Monday

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    deleted
  • bennettinfinity
    edited December 2014
    Options
    deleted... having some trouble with quotes today... sorry!
  • bennettinfinity
    Options
    noor_v wrote: »
    For the last few weeks, I have not been logging consistently... I have not been working out regularly... I've indulged myself... and obviously, as a result I've not made any progress towards my goal.

I was planning on starting back up this week, but I ate too much on Monday and Tuesday. Usually at times like this, I would just give up for the whole week and try to get back on track next week... I would always think/say - "I'll start on Monday"... but not this time - I am starting today and I am NOT waiting till Monday[

When you see the 'I'll wait until...' language in a post, it's a dead giveaway that that person is not serious. Glad to see you've broken through the 'wait' barrier!

Good luck - you're well on your way! :)

edited to fix quotes

• nikjackson18
    Options
    Great attitude. No time like the present and the weight doesn't know what day it is :)
  • ckcpurple
    Options
    Good for you! I'm learning that it's about not giving up and just making sure that my next decision is a good one. Recovery is everything and you can salvage the week or minimize the damage. Good luck!!!
  • amrluvarr
    amrluvarr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Same here...bad start to week but started back counting again today! :) No need to wait till Monday!
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your encouragement!!! I'm excited :smiley:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    <3 yes ! The same way tomorrow is always a day away - Monday always seems to be a week away. No better time to start than right now. :D
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm glad to see you back, friend :)
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Too many people say, "I want to change myself. I'll start tomorrow [or on the weekend, or next week, or after the new year]." They should do what you just did: start today. Be the change you want to happen.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good job! Welcome 2 being "'bout 'dat life"
  • shooker89
    shooker89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I needed this post. I was all for waiting until Monday. But you convinced Me otherwise. Ttyl
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My family always asks me how did you lose the weight? I committed myself. Congrats your on a great path.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Nice! Yes, sometimes you just have to start or 'tomorrow' will never come.
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!
    By no means was last week the perfect week, but it definitely helped to get things started... and even though I didn't log this weekend, I didn't go totally overboard either :smile:
    I'm looking forward to this week now and determined to make it better then my last week :wink:
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    One day at a time :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Hey there! How are you keeping up! If you missed a day or two, just keep going!!!
  • RibStabsHeart
    RibStabsHeart Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm working on being more honest with my logging as well -- it's hard when you're good all day and then have one bad meal to just "forget" to put it in your diary and just start the next day, but this won't help you track what's going on.

Sticking with it today, one day at a time :)