What are you grateful for?

It's the Thanksgiving Holiday tomorrow in the US. This has prompted me to think about the things that I'm thankful for; there's too many to name. Among them are 1) the opportuity to work to improve my diet, fitness and health, and 2) my MFP friends who've been a great support to me.

Replies

• ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    I'm thankful for time. The time I have with my family and friends, the time I have spent experiencing new things, and the time I have left to do everything I've wanted to do :)
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    atmosphere... and gravity... without which... ALL this would NOT be possible... and I am either grateful for the coincidences that caused them.. or for the creator that made them... which begs the question.. if God crated everything.. who created him/her/it?
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Just to be alive!! I could be dead right now but I was spared and with that I strive to become the best ME I can.
  • techinteaching
    techinteaching Posts: 10 Member
    I am grateful that my husband is also on a weight lose journey along side me.... and supportive friends I meet along the way! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    My daughter, my home, my pet, the musicians I play with
  • turtlez23
    turtlez23 Posts: 156 Member
    I am grateful for my boyfriend.
    I am grateful for having a job.
    I am grateful for having a car to get to the job.
    I am grateful for food.
    I am grateful for naps.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    I'm grateful for my friends and family. Especially the special people in my life who encourage and support me.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    My friends, my family, my manager (who is currently the only sane person I work with!), and so many people I've gotten to know on here
  • grateful for life . that god provides
  • It's the Thanksgiving Holiday tomorrow in the US. This has prompted me to think about the things that I'm thankful for; there's too many to name. Among them are 1) the opportuity to work to improve my diet, fitness and health, and 2) my MFP friends who've been a great support to me.

Science has proven that if , every night, you lay down , not just tomorrow and do your 3 things your grateful for, your brain actually changes and you become. literally Happier
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Starbucks was open this morning.
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    My supportive family!
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    .. and I am either grateful for the coincidences that caused them.. or for the creator that made them... which begs the question.. if God crated everything.. who created him/her/it?

Psalm 90:2 "Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from eternity to eternity, You are God."
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    I'm grateful for

1. God who loves me and provides for me
    2. The avenue of prayer and my faith that God hears my hopes, dreams, sorrows, and fears
    3. My husband who loves and supports me
    4. My family and friends who brighten my days and remind me of all that is good in the world
    5. My health and the ability to improve it
    6. My mind and the ability to learn, grow and change
    7. My dog who loves me unconditionally and keeps my feet warm
    8. My home that is comfortable and protects me and the ones I love
    9. My job that makes me think and helps to support my family
    10. My husband's job that provides for us and helps us work toward our financial goals
    11. The food in my fridge and pantry and the ability to buy more when I need it
    12. The clothes I have to keep me warm on chilly days
    13. The car I have to drive to all the places I need and want to go
    14. The joy I see in my niece's eyes when she smiles
    15. The opportunity to watch my nephew learn about the world and learn new things from his perspective
    16. The adventures I've had and the ones I've yet to take
    17. Meaningful conversations that challenge me to think and question and dream and believe
    18. A book I just can't put down
    19. A really good movie with movie theater popcorn and mini butterfingers
    20. Camp fires and tents and long talks and laughter
    21. The lazy afternoons spent watching football with my family
    22. A warm fuzzy blanket, comfy sweatpants and cozy house shoes
    23. Hot coffee
    24. ChapStick
    25. Hope

I have so much to be grateful for... My cup runneth over. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

OP- Thank you for posting this question :)
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    there is very little that I am not grateful for.. I have a beautiful life
  • frksfrau
    frksfrau Posts: 108 Member
    I am very grateful for my Husband and Daughter.
    I am very grateful for having my health back and am able to start this fitness journey.
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    I am greatful for my family and friends.
    I am greatful to have a healthy daughter and a good husband.
    I am greatful for all the opportunities I have, as an immigrant to the US (now a legal citizen)
    I am greatful for my sanity
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Grateful that I was born in New Zealand.
    I will probably die of old age before the expected zombie apocalypse.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    the impending zombie apocalypse
This discussion has been closed.