Baby belly! Help!

Options
So far I've lost 15 pounds since January. Its been quite a journey with lots of ups and downs, but I am very proud of myself because I honestly didn't think I would make it this far. I am still having trouble getting rid of the dreaded "baby belly" you know, that little pouch you get from being pregnant. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or a solution for this. I was thinking about getting the 6 week abs with Jillian Michaels... any suggestions?

BTW feel like rewarding yourself with something pretty? I just opened an etsy shop, check it out http://www.etsy.com/shop/prettylilpieces?ref=si_shop

Or go enter a chance to win something on my blog http://sassysippycupsandstickysarcasm.blogspot.com/

Replies

• mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would like to know how the 6 week abs works as well!
  • angelaplaxton
    Options
    wow!! 6 weeks abs?? what? is this for PS3 or Xbox?? i asked the same question about a week ago. and i was told to
    do situps or crunches. even when the weight is going away, the belly doesnt eh lol darn that flab, ive had 2 kids, so i hear ya hunny!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I would concentrate most of my ab work on lower abs- like seated leg lifts from a chair, or reverse crunches, or planks. I know that's not what you want to hear . . . I wish there was a majic exercise that made it go away but no such luck.
    BTW- I've had 2 kids in 2 years so I TOTALLY understand the "baby belly"
  • lcgonzo33
    lcgonzo33 Posts: 13
    Options
    tummy tuck =) lol I have the same issue and that is really what I want!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I can tell you that cardio will help it go down some. I've managed to get it down to about the half the size it used to be. I've heard a ton about crunches and ab work -- but, due to back surgery I'm unable to do most ab work. I'm not sure how to burn through the rest of it. Plus, I'm a little worried if I DO burn through it somehow -- won't I end up with all kinds of saggy skin?!
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Pilates and/or any core strengthening exercises. It won't happen overnight that's for sure. I am starting to slowly lose it and it has been almost a year.
  • cangel81603
    cangel81603 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 kids and I have that dreaded flab that you are talking about. I have been working out to Insanity which is hard core cardio, guaranteed to burn the fat off. I just started the second portion of the 60 day workout and I already see a big difference in my stomach, and the ugly back fat most people call "back titties"..lol... well they are so close to being gone:)
  • JessNycol
    JessNycol Posts: 9
    Options
    no, 6 week abs with Jillian Michaels is just a work out video, I think you can buy it at walmart :)
  • JessNycol
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the advice!
  • JessNycol
    Options
    p.s. I worry about the sagging skin as well.... chevy88grl!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in hearing "baby belly" success stories as well. I've been doing some abdominal exercises (plank, bicycle crunches, and reverse crunches are supposed to be the best) and recently started the 3-day shred DVD. My belly is down about 3 inches, but has a way to go. Hoping to one day have a flat stomach, post-baby!
  • KimA1
    KimA1 Posts: 47
    Options
    Zumba classes are also great for whittling a belly down. :)