lunch/snack ideas

Options
Katygirl47
Katygirl47 Posts: 1 Member
Can anyone help with healthy lunches and snacks I do celery snow peas baby carrots with hummus but need some more ideas
Thanks

Replies

• JessaLefebvre
    JessaLefebvre Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My go-to snacks are cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or plain rice cakes with natural peanut butter.
    For lunch I try to mix it up, but also make sure I always have ingredients to throw together a quick salad with grilled chicken if I run out of time.
  • ertiti
    ertiti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tuna fish with safflower mayo or organic mayo, chopped red peppers & onions works for me. I throw in avocado pieces or cherry tomatoes too. Or, I spread the tuna on slices of cucumber (kinda like a cracker). For snack, I take a handful of pistachio nuts or almonds or walnuts. Also, celery sticks with organic almond butter is good. Then there is the usual apple slices or banana pieces with the almond butter. Yummy. In small amounts, of course. :) Good luck. :)
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    For lunch I aim to have something with a salad. For snacks I have popcorn, apples, capscium, or carrot sticks (on a good day)
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Dannon light and fit Greek Yogurt is an amazing low calorie snack with tons of protein!

snacks- I also have 100 calorie kettle corn popcorn, rice cakes with laughing cow cheese, protein bars, apples with cheese

lunch- usually a spinach salad with faux chicken, cucumbers, dressing, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, maybe brussel sprouts on the side, Fiberone brownie or cookie for after (tons of fiber, yes!)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna with a tbsp. of soy sauce, a tsp of sriracha sauce and chopped up celery! 145 calories and you're full!
  • kiababy4
    kiababy4 Posts: 6 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Canned tuna with a tbsp. of soy sauce, a tsp of sriracha sauce and chopped up celery! 145 calories and you're full!

Sounds good you can knock out the calories from the soy sauce and use a soy sauce alternative called Bragg Liquid Aminos. Zero calories and taste just like soy sauce.
  • VeryKatie
    edited December 2014
    Options
    kiababy4 wrote: »

Sounds good you can knock out the calories from the soy sause and use a soy sauce alternative balled Bragg Liquid Aminos. Zero calories and taste just like soy sauce.

I suppose but a tbsp. of soy sauce is only 10 calories so it's not the largest contributor. The 120 cals from the tuna is. You can substitute canned crab to reduce it by 60 calories. But that reduces the protein to half and triples the price.
  • shesmalls
    Options
    I take a plain rice cake and melt (microwave for 12 seconds) one slice of Sargento - Ultra Thin Slice - Provolone cheese. Total calories 65!
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    kiababy4 wrote: »

Sounds good you can knock out the calories from the soy sauce and use a soy sauce alternative called Bragg Liquid Aminos. Zero calories and taste just like soy sauce.

Blecccchhhh! I tried the liquid aminos and to me it tastes disgusting.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    Options
    A can of sardines, with mustard - 140 calories and very satisfying. A tbsp. of Fitbodies PB Fit (Peanut butter powder) spread on apple slices or on a square of 72% Cacao chocolate. Almost any fresh fruit (pineapple, pears, grapes, apples). A cup of chicken or beef bullion.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    lunch for me is a store bought, pre made salad + i add extra chicken. chopped up fruit (apple and banana usually) is a favorite snack. microwave popped kettlecorn is another great snack i have daily.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    Options
    shesmalls wrote: »
    I take a plain rice cake and melt (microwave for 12 seconds) one slice of Sargento - Ultra Thin Slice - Provolone cheese. Total calories 65!

This sounds great! I think I might top it with a slice of tomato and some Italian seasoning before microwaving for a mini-pizza.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    that's a neat sounding idea.
  • VeryKatie
    Options

This sounds great! I think I might top it with a slice of tomato and some Italian seasoning before microwaving for a mini-pizza.

Yummy... now I want a margherita pizza...
  • jenniferchew2012
    jenniferchew2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    Dannon light and fit Greek Yogurt is an amazing low calorie snack with tons of protein!

snacks- I also have 100 calorie kettle corn popcorn, rice cakes with laughing cow cheese, protein bars, apples with cheese

lunch- usually a spinach salad with faux chicken, cucumbers, dressing, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, maybe brussel sprouts on the side, Fiberone brownie or cookie for after (tons of fiber, yes!)

I love the 100 calorie Kettle corn! My number 1 go to snack, but I get so disappointed when the bag is empty though LOL
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    apples & peanut butter
    rice cakes with smashed avocado on top
    roasted chickpeas
    pickles
    crispy minis
    crackers & edamame hummus