Why all this peanut butter?

Options
Shalaurise
Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
No bake cookies that do NOT have peanut butter... because, why do we keep ruining perfectly good food with this ill tasting ingredient. (ingredients modified from here while instructions are just copied. I do believe she sites her original source as well.)

Ingredients
2 cups rolled oats
¾ cup white sugar
1 tablespoon water
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons Nutella
1 cup confectioners’ sugar

Instructions
1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, sugar and cocoa. With clean hands, mix in the water, vanilla, butter and peanut butter to form a dough.
2. Wash hands, then roll the dough into balls 1 to 2 inches in diameter. Roll balls in confectioners’ sugar until thickly coated.
3. Chill 20 minutes before serving.

Hubbs loves them. Daughter... not so much. She doesn't seem to like oats no matter what I hide them in. She misses out on some of the best oatmeal cookies ever because of it. She said "It needs more chocolate." Thinking next time, perhaps using Nestle quick to coat them instead of powdered sugar... or buying coco powder to actually add in as the original recipe had.

Replies

• Bonustools
    Bonustools Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My dogs love peanut butter.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is food from the Gods. It's like bacon... either you like it or you're wrong. lol
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    For me, life wouldn't be worth living in a world without peanut butter. I can't even imagine being on your side of the fence on this one.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Good protein
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »
    Peanut butter is food from the Gods. It's like bacon... either you like it or you're wrong. lol

Nah, Almond butter or Nutella all the way for me!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    OP is a blasphemer....
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I rarely go a day without peanut butter.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    "ill tasting"?

ILL TASTING?

And so having to introduce copious amounts of cocoa and sugar make hazelnuts non ill tasting? Yeah. Sure.

The end all, be all. . .
    r1-EARTH-053-smpkgcoconutPB.png
  • Bonustools
    Bonustools Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love this....
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Additionally, need to be using quick oats not normal, rolled oats.

To wit:
    1 cup sugar
    2+ tablespoons Dutch process cocoa
    1/3 c coconut oil
    1/4 cup milk
    1/2 cup Earth Balance coconut peanut butter
    1/2 tablespoon vanilla (imitation gives a milder flavor)
    1.5 cups quick oats

bring to boil, sugar, cocoa, oil, and milk and let boil for exactly one minute. Add everything else. . . .
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    "ill tasting"?

ILL TASTING?

And so having to introduce copious amounts of cocoa and sugar make hazelnuts non ill tasting? Yeah. Sure.

The end all, be all. . .
    r1-EARTH-053-smpkgcoconutPB.png

I'll be honest, I don't like hazelnuts either. Nutella is only acceptable for me because I can't taste the hazelnut in it at all. :)
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    that would be good with some peanut butter
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    Additionally, need to be using quick oats not normal, rolled oats.

You can use rolled oats in no bake cookies, but they will be chewy. I like them chewy. And with peanut butter. And I would never use Nutella. It's so overpriced and there is already so much sugar! I use cocoa powder. But sometimes I even leave that out and just make peanut butter no bake cookies.

Peanut butter is delicious.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    jmc0806 wrote: »
    that would be good with some peanut butter
    QFT
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Shalaurise wrote: »
    No bake cookies that do NOT have peanut butter... because, why do we keep ruining perfectly good food with this ill tasting ingredient. (ingredients modified from here while instructions are just copied. I do believe she sites her original source as well.)

Ingredients
    2 cups rolled oats
    ¾ cup white sugar
    1 tablespoon water
    ½ teaspoon vanilla
    ½ cup butter, softened
    3 tablespoons Nutella
    1 cup confectioners’ sugar

Instructions
    1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, sugar and cocoa. With clean hands, mix in the water, vanilla, butter and peanut butter to form a dough.
    2. Wash hands, then roll the dough into balls 1 to 2 inches in diameter. Roll balls in confectioners’ sugar until thickly coated.
    3. Chill 20 minutes before serving.

Hubbs loves them. Daughter... not so much. She doesn't seem to like oats no matter what I hide them in. She misses out on some of the best oatmeal cookies ever because of it. She said "It needs more chocolate." Thinking next time, perhaps using Nestle quick to coat them instead of powdered sugar... or buying coco powder to actually add in as the original recipe had.

Maybe she would like it if they had peanut butter in them?

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't understand nutella- tastes horrible compared to peanut butter!!! bleck.

OP- this thread would have gone much better with a title more like

YES_ NO BAKE NUTELLA COOKIES!! !MY LIFE IS COMPLETE.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    A friend bought me a jar of almond butter from trader joe's that was almost a liquid. Yuck. I haven't been able to exchange it yet and it just occurred to me I don't know why I haven't just replaced it with another brand. And then just return the one I have. Duh!
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    the recipe sounds delish but i LOOOOOOOVE me some PB. I could eat an entire jar with a spoon, no problem. Damn i wish i had the calorie allotment to do that....