Back Fat After -40lbs

Options
walkingmommy2014
walkingmommy2014 Posts: 46 Member
edited December 2014 in Success Stories
I see women like me (who struggle with back fat) on here all the time looking for before and after back results. It is not easy to get rid of this problem area, but it can happen!
I was a "big boned" kid who turned into an obese teen. In my family, I was often the butt of many jokes (they were insensitive, thin people who could eat whatever they want with no weight gain) My mom was never into cooking, gave us lots of soda and processed snacks, and made a lot of instant meals (hamburger helper, frozen entrees, mac-n-cheese, hot dogs) and then I got a job at McDonalds & Taco Bell, so the weight piled on super fast. When I turned 18, I weighed 238lbs. and my back was so fat that I felt like I had an extra set of breast (I am only 5'5''). When I stopped working fast food, I automatically did not eat it as often and dropped to about 210lbs.
After moving to NYC, I was walking more than ever and dropped down to 190lbs. but then I had a baby and my family and I moved to Buffalo. Last year was the worst winter Buffalo had seen in years, so I just stayed inside and ate more than ever. By the time the spring rolled back around, I was 217lbs. I felt miserable. I started making some serious changes and my husband and I started walking almost every day at the park. It helped, but what really made the difference was discovering low carb dieting (I have been eating low carb for about 4 months now). Anyway, the winter is back and I have not been out walking as much, but I have been doing some basic body exercises almost every day with a little kettle bell mixed in here and there. 40lbs later, I have seen a major difference in my back (and everything overall). I am much stronger now too! I could not even do 1 pushup when I started and now I can do pushups and dips! My back fat is still there, but it no longer sticks out of my clothes. It is such a problem area for me that I realized the only way it is going to go away completely is if I start lifting heavy. We bought a barbell, so I will post more results after I stick with that for a few months. I am currently 177 and I do not think I want to go any smaller than 165 (with tons of muscles), because I already am getting a lot of loose skin and I do not want to feel like I have to get a tummy tuck. Even though I will never be skinny, I am no longer obese.
I am starting school in the spring and will be starting a career as a phlebotomist. I will be on my feet a lot and interacting with the public every day. I am so glad I was able to drop the weight before all of this, so I will not be filled with anxiety about the whole process of school, interviews, and a new job. Finally, I am in control of my life.

The before pic is 217lbs.. The after pic is 177lbs. My husband can't keep his hands off me lol! For the first time in my life, I feel happy, strong, and confident! I feel like I am a good example to my son.

e82f0126-185a-4733-a6b5-da68438533e3_zps9554510f.jpg

Replies

• sweet_brownsugr
    sweet_brownsugr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work - you're doing great!
  • flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    you look great, well done
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Your thighs look much better too.
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wow - what a striking difference over just a few months of lifting. You have a lovely hour glass shape and so much definition in your arms and shoulders in your 'after' picture. I would not be surprised if your skin really tightened up over the coming months as you continue to lift; the little bit of remaining back fat looks as though it is giving up and getting ready to vacate your body as the rest of you becomes more and more toned! Thanks for posting this. You look fantastic and I hope that you keep posting updates as you get closer to your goal.
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You really worked hard. I have that too in the same spot, but I never thought about it. Probably because I can't see it and starting out topped at 400lbs I had enough to stress about already with my body. LOL
  • krysty702
    krysty702 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!! Keep up the good work.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Back fat is definitely shrinking, and look at those sexy curves coming in! You got this! (*)
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! You have worked hard and it shows nicely in your photos.
    The low/moderate carb will help along with low fat and high protein. The strength training will continue to make you stronger and fit, and it helps with maintaining the weight loss. If you did 3-4 strength workouts and 3-4 walks in one week you'll get results.
    *Don't forget to go light one day and take a true REST day when you just take a light walk.
    Rest, sleep, water, no stress all aide weight loss. Congratulations!
    (PS: Bufffalo, where you in that storm? I feel for you as your winters are not condusive for
    outdoor walks every day)
  • walkingmommy2014
    walkingmommy2014 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! You have worked hard and it shows nicely in your photos.
    The low/moderate carb will help along with low fat and high protein. The strength training will continue to make you stronger and fit, and it helps with maintaining the weight loss. If you did 3-4 strength workouts and 3-4 walks in one week you'll get results.
    *Don't forget to go light one day and take a true REST day when you just take a light walk.
    Rest, sleep, water, no stress all aide weight loss. Congratulations!
    (PS: Bufffalo, where you in that storm? I feel for you as your winters are not condusive for
    outdoor walks every day)

I am close to amherst in Buffalo. We did get hit by the storm, but only a couple feet of snow. Downtown Buffalo got hit the most, along with some of the towns close by. I am doing the high fat and under 50g carbs with moderate protein route. It keeps me full and satisfied. Thank you for your advice (I could definitely use some extra sleep!).

Also, thank you to all who have responded and for your kind comments! <3:D

• happyvalentinesday
    Options
    I like how the cellulite is reduced so much, it's good to know that when I lose weight mine will probably go away too.
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations.
  • Pattunia
    Pattunia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's amazing - well done! You've reminded me that I need to cut out those carbs too ;)
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! You have such a great hourglass figure :smile:
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for giving me hope that someday I can have a waist. Right now I'm down 77 pounds and still shaped like an apple -_-
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!