Binged! Sick of the cycle!

Options
I'm 18 years old 5'6 and 130 lbs. I've started my weight loss journey so I may lose 10-20 lbs. I've struggled with binging and was wondering how bad my day if eating was and if I will gain any significant weight from it. Here's my day:

Breakfast:
Nothing

Lunch:
Panara Bread chicken soup (80 cal)

Dinner:
Small piece boneless/skinless organic chicken fried in water (110 cal?)

Snack: (here's where I binged.)
About 2 servings of 110 cal pretzels
A bunch of organic dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips. :(

I'm so ashamed and really need help. I could cry right now almost.

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 years old 5'6 and 130 lbs. I've started my weight loss journey so I may lose 10-20 lbs. I've struggled with binging and was wondering how bad my day if eating was and if I will gain any significant weight from it. Here's my day:

Breakfast:
    Nothing

Lunch:

Dinner:

110+110+80+200?

That's a proper lunch but not binging. Your concept of food requirements isn't on target.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Eat a reasonable amount of calories during your meals, add a couple snacks, and your need to "binge" will lessen dramatically. You had only eaten 190 calories for your meals!

I don't know what your calorie goal is, but aim to spread the calories out among actual meals. Throw in a couple snacks and treats.
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

Breakfast:
    Nothing

Lunch:

Dinner:

110+110+80+200?

That's a proper lunch but not binging. Your concept of food requirements isn't on target.

I forgot. I also had some organic peanut butter too.

You're not logging your food. Log what you're eating and see if you're under goal or not. It's that simple.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Are you logging ALL your food? Because there are A LOT of days where you're just eating about 400-500 calories. You've barely eaten today and you're already saying you've binged. If this is what you're doing regularly, please seek professional help.
    MyFitnessPal believes food should nourish and be enjoyed, however we acknowledge that relationships with food are not always so simple.

If you are struggling with food or exercise issues or seeking help for yourself or a loved one, please check out our new Eating Disorder Resources page:

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    As has been suggested before, you should see a doctor and a therapist.

Have you done either of those things?
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    hehe! I don't know if read this right.
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

Yes. My therapist and parents approved of my desire to lose some excess fat.

But they would not approve of the way you're going about it.
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

Yes. My therapist and parents approved of my desire to lose some excess fat.
    Hit your calorie goal. If you keep doing that you'll lose weight gradually and it will be in a manner you can maintain. Crash dieting doesn't work. Never. It will come back because the habits and training to eat properly aren't developed.
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    How about seeing a nutritionist through your doctor? You are not eating meals. It's not binge eating when you don't eat breakfast, have only soup for lunch, and a piece of chicken for dinner and then want something else. That is starvation.
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

Breakfast:
    Nothing

Lunch:

Dinner:

110+110+80+200?

So guess what? I just ate a 840 calorie pizza for dinner. I might have some ice cream. Food in of itself isn't bad, evil, or something to be ashamed of. Food is energy. I need much more than you. You need less but you still need a fair amount of food to have energy and to be healthy. Don't equate food or calories with shame. In fact you should feel little to no emotional ties to food other than it taste good. It's energy. That's all. Just eat what you need.
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hun, what you did today is FAR from a binge. You clearly have some disordered thinking and seem to not be losing weight in a safe manner. As someone who has suffered with eating disorders for the majority of my life, I would be happy to talk with you if you would like to do this the healthy way. Your body needs more than 500/600 cal a day and you can still lose weight eating at least double that and have better chances of keeping it off in the long run. Best wishes and stay safe!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

at 5'6" and 130 lbs, you wouldn't gain weight eating 1700 cal/day.
    don't sweat it, and try to at least hit 1200. losing fat is a fine ambition, but you still need enough food to keep your organs alive and functioning.

food is not the enemy! it is something every living thing NEEDS!
  • 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccchhhhhhhhhhhh Tttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooolllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!