Thighs

Options
I seem to be having issues with my thighs. Everything else is going great, but my thighs stubbornly refuse to change size or shape. ANy ideas?

And I can't use weights, cause the weight room at my college is tiny and the little equipment they do have always has several people waiting for it.

Replies

• Oliversmummyx
    Options
    I'm exactly the same so.keen to hear what others say x
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well, mine resemble uncooked bread loaves at this point, so don't have a personal recommendation for you. However, I have a friend who loves to dance...she'll go out and dance, dance at home, just boogey whenever she feels like it. Her thighs are pretty phenomenal.
  • rocky03
    rocky03 Posts: 55
    Options
    ride bike...have you ever seen a cyclist w/ gross thighs?? just sayin' :)
  • zetsubou
    zetsubou Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you do some leg exercise, cycling is good too. I always get compliments about my legs ;) You don't have to use weights. And yep, dancing is good too ^.^
  • bex22mcn
    bex22mcn Posts: 90
    Options
    My trainer goes on and on and ooooonnnnn about the benefits of squats and lunges....
  • LCombs08
    LCombs08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges! I recently picked up a workout class where we do quite a few of them and withing 3 months I have noticed a HUGE difference!! Plus since your thighs are one of the biggest muscle groups in your body, working them out can boost your metabolism for up to 39 hours!!!!! :)

Hope this helps!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I had a question about this too and consulted Jillian Michaels' website (free newsletter) and she says plainly that unfortunately, that is where our bodies choose to store fat. As we lose weight, it's eventually going to have to go! If it's for toning the muscles under the skin (give a smoother surface for the skin to lie on), lunges are very effective and don't require any special equipment.

Good luck!:ohwell: :flowerforyou:
  • forgiven4life
    forgiven4life Posts: 451
    Options
    I've heard running is great for slimming thighs.
  • live4jesus
    live4jesus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I run and do jazzercise. Jazzercise has made a HUGE difference. I have always been a lifter and a "jogger" (I'm running a lot more now), but incorporating Jazzercise totally changed my body and increased my strength and endurance. I can slack off from running for a month...but as long as I keep up with my daily Jazzercise I can jump right back in and run 6 miles like I never quit. It definitely doesn't hurt that Jazzercise is SO FUN! :)
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Yes, squats too!
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I shall opt for a bump at this point as mine are losing size but I would love something new to do. You can only lunge so long before you get bored!
  • NavyWifeag
    NavyWifeag Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels works em' big time in her tapes. I swear squats are the only way to go. It's the biggest muscles in your body so you will burn more calories, tone and boost your metabolism. You can do squats and lunges at home with some hand weights.
  • Oliversmummyx
    Options
    So how many squats / lunges per week are we talking.. to make the difference
  • MightyMom4
    MightyMom4 Posts: 180
    Options
    If you haven't done the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels...that would be where I would start. Lots of different lunges and squats...my thighs have shaped up a lot doing those workouts. I do a lot of elliptical too.
  • SSawney
    SSawney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    lots of squats and lunges fitness.com has a lot of exercise you could try
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I've heard running is great for slimming thighs.
    yup!!!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Like you, my hips and thighs are the last place to give up the fat. I lost inches from my waist almost immediately but my thighs have hardly changed. Just keep at it. Once you've lost what you can in other areas, you'll start to see a loss from your thighs as well. It just takes time. Toning them with squats and lunges is nice, and a fabulous idea, but until the fat starts to go you won't notice much difference.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Well, mine resemble uncooked bread loaves at this point, so don't have a personal recommendation for you. However, I have a friend who loves to dance...she'll go out and dance, dance at home, just boogey whenever she feels like it. Her thighs are pretty phenomenal.

My thighs look like bread loaves too! hahaha! I'm working on it.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Squats and lunges! I recently picked up a workout class where we do quite a few of them and withing 3 months I have noticed a HUGE difference!! Plus since your thighs are one of the biggest muscle groups in your body, working them out can boost your metabolism for up to 39 hours!!!!! :)

Hope this helps!

This! You don't need any equipment just your body!