Tae Bo?

Options
I've just ordered a Tae Bo DVD and wondered if anyone else has done it before - I've been after it for ages.

The reviews say there's not much jumping around so I'm hoping it'll be okay to do in my 1st floor flat?

Replies

• Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Did it (many) years ago. No jumping at all from memory as it's a beginner/intermediate level DVD, you can get a sweat on to it though :smile:
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Oh I love Tae Bo! I also haven't done it in years, but it was a lot of fun when I did. :-)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Probably a bit dangerous to get beginners to do flying kicks without direct supervision. :smiley:
  • doesthisappmakemelookfat
    Options
    Haven't done it in ages, but loved it when I did.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Loved it. Was always my go to for toning and weight loss years ago. Squats, twist, lying kicks, standing kicks, not much jumping. Lots of sweating. I just got bored of watching the same DVDs since I knew the moves already. These days I go to a kick boxing class. But should be great for you if you are now trying it for the first time.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I still have my vhs tapes! Loved it and went to classes as well when it was trending.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    You're right micheleld73, so accustomed to DVDs now that I forgot that they were on VHS tapes :)
  • Kagemori
    Kagemori Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I remember tae bo. I really enjoyed it when I did it, I should really look into getting those dvds as I only had the VHS tape
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I did tae bo videos in aerobics class in high school. Lots of rapid kicks, rapid punches, twisting kicks, twisting punches, etc. There are some moves where you lay on the floor and twist. You probably won't bother the neighbors. We used to watch Billy Blanks videos. The spandex was hilaaaarious. Also, in his videos he'd do the routine 2-4 times then say, "DOUBLETIME" and do the same routine faster. It took a few classes for us to realize that the video was just sped up- he wasn't actually doing it "Doubletime." haha.
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    haha that's fab thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to the old-fashioned cheese and spandex ;)
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I did tae bo videos in aerobics class in high school. Lots of rapid kicks, rapid punches, twisting kicks, twisting punches, etc. There are some moves where you lay on the floor and twist. You probably won't bother the neighbors. We used to watch Billy Blanks videos. The spandex was hilaaaarious. Also, in his videos he'd do the routine 2-4 times then say, "DOUBLETIME" and do the same routine faster. It took a few classes for us to realize that the video was just sped up- he wasn't actually doing it "Doubletime." haha.

:open_mouth: Mr. Blanks, I'm disappointed!

• AylaL13
    AylaL13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have those Billy Blanks Tae Bo VHS tapes. Haven't done them in years, but used to love them. I actually gave them to my mother-in-law over the summer. I need to get them converted to DVD. They'd be fun to do again.