How can I figure out calories burned for this?

Options
So today I went for a walk with my sister around her neighborhood. I don't really care about calculating the difference between uphill and down or anything like that. I had a pedometer but at some point I guess it restarted or something because it didn't read what we KNEW the distance to be. Anyway, how would I calculate calories burned for walking, 1.5 hours at a 3.0 pace, pushing a stroller (that literally weighed 100 pounds). Anyone have any ideas??

Replies

• wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    The time and the pace shouldn't be a problem, but I'm not sure how to add in the weight that was being pushed.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    When I'm pushing the stroller I select 'walking dog'.
  • Superdupermom
    Superdupermom Posts: 149
    Options
    you put 90 mins doing 3.0 dog walking mod pace ..i think if you do stroller pushing you burn less cals...
  • rachel871
    rachel871 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i use www.goodrunguide.co.uk, which is a pretty good tool.. on the free trial you can map your route and it works out the hill levels too, incorporating them... and then you can add in your weight to estimate your calorie burn..

again i'm not sure how you'd incorporate the weight of the pushchair though sorry!
  • DavidPeugh
    DavidPeugh Posts: 9
    Options
    There's a exercise calorie calculator on the Pro Health website that has that activity listed in the drop down menu.

http://www.prohealth.com/weightloss/tools/exercise/calculator1_2.cfm?b1=WTLRSWEBO
  • cpumeu
    cpumeu Posts: 89
    Options
    i use cardio trainer its a app I have on my phone...also on facebook...its what I've been using until I got a HRM ( Heart rate monitor) watch!