The anti-chocolate challenge!

Options
snusp
snusp Posts: 93 Member
I have realized I would never have my bodyfatpercentageproblem if chocolate did not exist. I can eat a lot every day. I am really not obese, but my bodyfatpercentage is bad.

So, I will have to break this bad habit, to be a good role model for my children! I tend to eat a lot of chocolate if I'm stressed out, get too little sleep or feel bad about myself due to work, friends or family. And even if I'm totally aware of it, I do not seem to stop myself from eating the chocolate before it is too late.

This is the year my chocolateaddiction ends! Yay for me!

Replies

• hollycurran
    hollycurran Posts: 39
    Options
    you can do it!! i'm also a chocolate addict, i'm trying to abstain for the next few months. if you want you can add me, we can support each other in not eating chocolate!
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Meee tooo! I love it, I crave it. My husband and daughter can eat it by the handfuls with no consequences. It's not fair to keep it out of the house because "I" have no self control. I've put it in a cupboard of its own but it calls me... I swear it calls me. LOL Chocolate the root of all evil
  • snusp
    Options
    Just finished my first week without chocolate. I think focusing and sharing my commitment really help me doing this.
    19 weeks to go for my 20-weeks-without-chocolate-challenge.
  • snusp
    Options
    Two weeks down, 18 weeks to go on my 20 weeks without chocolate challenge!

Feeling good about it by now, and I do not crave chocolate as much as I did the first week.

Feel free to join my challenge og add me as a friend.
  • DeKreyzisfitness
    Options
    I'm not sure that chocolate actually produces brain chemicals that make you feel in love or not, but I do know that peas can do the same thing. Maybe you can try to eat peas instead for a while. It doesn't sound as yummy but it might work. :)
  • snusp
    Options
    Three weeks down, 17 to go! Now I do not crave chocolate AT ALL!!! Amazing! Even went to the movies yesterday, without wanting to buy some! You know, I could easily eat one lb of chocolate a day before...
  • snusp
    Options
    4 weeks down, 16 to go and it's a walk in the park. If someone told me five weeks ago I wouldn't believe a word... Amazing. Feeling good. :-)
  • snusp
    Options
    5 weeks down, 15 to go. Last week was a big challenge, as my mood was terrible, due to kneepain, which restrained me from running. I seem to eat, when feeling down. Went over my calories every day, but I actually stayed away from chocolate.

Now i WILL get back on track. I CAN do this!
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    I found that totally depriving yourself just makes you go insane after some time.

Maybe allow yourself 1 chocolate bar a week or something like that?
  • snusp
    Options
    Six weeks down, 14 to go! I do this easily now!

I read something about real sugaraddicts, They had a checklist, and I checked them all....

Well, it said it might be easier to quit cold turkey, than to eat some chocolate once a week. It would be like alcoholics never could take a drink once a week. That was if one was a real sugaraddict, not just a person who liked chocolate...

I felt the article was really written for me, so I decided to give it a try. And it worked. I was amazed, but it really worked.
  • maryjane1983
    Options
    Hello snusp. I can agree. I find myself eating chocolate everyday. Its like I got to have it. How did you give it up? Was there something that you relpaced with eating chocolate?
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    that's some will power! You go!

I couldn't do it though....I need one square of a dark chocolate bar from time to time of I will take out my hubby and kids and have to use the insanity defense....especially during PMS

Everything in moderation for me but if you were as heavily addicted as you wrote I can understand the need and challenge to try to kick the chocolate craving
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!

I've given up chocolate for Lent the past 3 years, so 40 days without it.. Wow, it gets harder all the time.. I never realized how much I ate of it! Now, I notice that I don't eat that much of it.. I don't even like the taste of milk chocolate anymore.

I'm in love with dark chocolate, and it's healthier for you, which is a plus!
  • blynnarnold
    blynnarnold Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm DEFINITELY a chocolate addict! I've been setting mini goals for myself like - if I go all week without giving in and eating any - then I"ll treat myself to a snicker bar over the weekend. I failed last week. :( My boss came back from a business trip from overseas and brought in belgium chocolate. Great. So I ate a few peices. So far this week - I've left that box alone. Oh it calls to me too - SCREAMS my name from across the room. lol. I will NOT let it defeat me! Plus...I kinda want that snicker bar this weekend. haha.
    Congrats on doing so well and quitting cold turkey. Thats gotta be ROUGH but you're doing great! :D
  • EmmaR31
    EmmaR31 Posts: 184
    Options
    Definitely a chocolate addict! I've made it two days now without any and think I'm starting to see purple dragons - serious withdrawals!

But I think it's about knowing your limitations, maybe one day I will be able to have a piece without inhaling the entire slab but not now... sigh:(
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    Six weeks down, 14 to go! I do this easily now!

I read something about real sugaraddicts, They had a checklist, and I checked them all....

Well, it said it might be easier to quit cold turkey, than to eat some chocolate once a week. It would be like alcoholics never could take a drink once a week. That was if one was a real sugaraddict, not just a person who liked chocolate...

I felt the article was really written for me, so I decided to give it a try. And it worked. I was amazed, but it really worked.

I just really like it,I don't think I'm addicted,because I'm ok with eating some chocolate a few times a week or sometimes a funsize bar daily lol. Hot chocolate might be a good substitute aswell? It has the chocolate taste,but not the calories.
  • kmorrissett13
    Options
    oh my gosh I feel the exact same way! it calls to me!