protein bars

Options
2»

Replies

• monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I like to have proteins after a good workout or in place of meals since htey usually have about 250 cals.

the only ones i have now are think thin... they are all natural 0 sugar!!!!!!!! and really tasty :)
  • lulutm
    lulutm Posts: 57
    Options
    I make my own, much cheaper. This is the original recipe, but I'm going to add more oats to mine to up the fiber.

protein bar.

6 tbsp peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
    1 cup dry Quaker old fashioned oats (uncooked)
    6 scoops vanilla protein
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup water (depending on what type of protein you use, you may need to add more)

Spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.

Combine dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix - the mixture will be crumbly and dry. Add water & vanilla.

Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, everything until a dough forms. The dough will be sticky. Spread dough into pan using a clean wooden spoon or spatula that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Refrigerate a few hours (or freeze for an hour) and cut into 10 squares. Wrap bars individually (use sandwich bags or plastic wrap) or store in covered container between sheets of wax paper. Keep refrigerated.

I plugged your recipe into the recipe tool on MFP, using JIF extra crunchy peanut butter and Nutek Pro5 whey protein. Awesome stats!!! Here they are:

Calories: 165
    Carbs: 9 grams
    Sugar: 2 grams
    Fat: 6 grams
    Protein: 20 grams
    Calcium: 19
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein bars. Lower in fat than most and very low sugar, plus lots of flavors to choose from and they taste great.

I just had the peanut butter caramel suprise Pure Protein bar today and it was rather good. It was better then the peanut butter chocolate one that I usually get. Pure Protein is 18-20 grams per bar. The only other protein bar that comes close is the P90X Protein Bars.

The Luna and Cliff Bars are much higher in carbs than Pure Protein.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the P90X protein bars and they were recently reformulated to make them even better and better for you!
  • ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them often anymore- used to love Pureprotein but stopped eating them (I avoid GM soy). I love the new Zone cookie dough bars (the chocolate chip is amazing- like real cookie dough!), double chocolate brownie Balance bar (microwaved for 10 seconds- freakishly brownie-like) and Carbrite bars.

I like the caramel nut brownie Luna bar (don't usually like the crisp based type but these are good) and Clif bars, though I usually have them as more of a meal replacement than snack. Maple nut and chocolate brownie are my favorite. Pumpkin pie is also good!
  • Kdanielson12
    Options
    I also love the Think Thin protein bars...all natural, 0 grams of sugar, 20 grams of protein, gluten free. They taste good, my favs are the White Chocolate Chip and Crunchy Peanut Butter. I buy them on amazon for about 12 bucks a box if you do the subcribe and save option, 10 bars per box.