Post pregnancy weight loss

Options
Hi everyone!
I've started dieting and exercising to get rid of my 20 lbs gained during pregnancy. Had a wonderfull boy 6½ month ago. For 15 days I've banned all kinds of sugar, cake, junk...well processed food and now I'm eating only lean meat, fresh vegetables and fruits. Very occasionally bread and if so only whole grain tortilla and only 1 small per day. I'm still nursing and my baby doesn't sleep through the night so I'm not getting all the kind of sleep I would like so I'm not trying to cut down to low in daily calorie intake. Otherwise I would look and feel like a zombie :-) I'm trying to do exercises every day. Long walks with the baby carrier, hard cardio exercises whenever possible (45 min), running and I've started to use a jump rope 30 minutes at a time working up to an hour eventually. That said it's really hard to find the schedual to actually do any exercises. Trying to fit it in when he gets he's naps but from time to time he just skips hes naps and then I'll have to exercise when I've put him to bed at 9 in the evening. At that time I haven't got any energy for anything else than sleeping.

Anyone in that same boat? Or anyone who's serious about weightloss by eating well and exercising - wan't to be my friend?

Replies

• KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we have a lot in common. Had my 2nd baby in feb, nursing, trying to lose 30lbs to get back to my prepregnancy weight. Been riding a stationary bike and doing jillian michaels 30ds while eating mostly healthy. Feel free to add me if youd like. :smile:
  • ohdear1986
    ohdear1986 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i am in the same boat, i have 3 children. my eldest is 4, middle is 3 and baby is 17 months old (breastfed day and night sometimes 10+ feedis in 24hrs! i was 14 stone before my first child, 17 stone 10lb after my second and am now 9 stone 3.8lb

friend me if you want to
    laura
  • reportergirl123
    Options
    I had two babies 17 months apart (hello baluga whale!) and my youngest is 2. That said, I am finally just 5 pounds from my "wedding weight" and 10 pounds from the itty bitty lady that wooed a great husband. It took years to get here! I just enrolled them in preschool in January so I could focus more on work; and weight loss too. I want to say that #1, put your kids first. They are babies and they need you. Go for walks with them in the stroller. Work out with videos in front of them. Take your time. They will only be babies once. If you are sleep deprived than skip the workout and take a nap. Happy mom=happy baby.
    Don't compare yourself to Hollywood moms... they are not normal. Take baby steps :)
  • tiggilee
    tiggilee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have a one year old and am just now able to get back to working out - suffered terrible plantar fasciitis (re: evil foot pain) after the baby up until a month ago. I second the advice on the stroller - we just got a Burley stroller/bike trailer combo and with the weather improving I plan to be a mama on the move with my 1 yr old!

Also, if you have other mom friends, try this: schedule a play date at a park. Take turns running loops around the park and doing pushups, tricep dips and crunches and step ups on park benches while the other one watches the baby. You can kick your own @ss so easily this way! You can also create a fun "interval loop" up and down the playground equipment. This is working great for us! Feel free to send me a message if you need other ideas. I love to talk fitness!