From 210 to 150 in 10 months.

Options
13»

Replies

• optionsgod
    optionsgod Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    KelaHam wrote: »
    It is so great to see someone posting that what I'm trying to do CAN be done! 60 pounds is a big hill for me to climb, and 6-12 months seems like an awfully long road from this end. Thank you for being an inspiration. :)

The time has gone by really fast for me. I can't believe it has been almost a year already. I am still working my way down and hope to be at a "healthy weight" by New Year. I mentioned earlier the things I think helped me succeed and I think another one I should add is a Challenge group. I joined one in Jan with a weekly weigh in and another at the end of the summer till New Year. The accountability to other people and their support have been a great help particularly when I hit rough patches.

Are there challenge groups on this site??

• sapicsr
    sapicsr Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats on your accomplishment.
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Great Job - thanks for sharing!
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress :smile:
  • abcmommyx3
    abcmommyx3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    good job! love these posts! especially when they are similar to my starting weight and goals. nice to see what i can accomplish!
  • calliegonz
    calliegonz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting a very inspiring post. I, too, am aiming to lose a good chunk of weight. Looking for inspiration often leads me to posts where people are using supplements or weight loss helpers. Seeing your progress and knowing you did it the goold old fashioned way shows me that what I am trying to do is possible, even though the light at the end of the tunnel seems so dim. Thank you again!
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look fantastic. You will meet your goals with your dedication. Celebrate (*)
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    KelaHam wrote: »
    Look healthy now. I weigh 235 and need to reach 165. How did you do it?

I credit four things for me succeed:

1. Drinking tons of water. It often kept me from snacking in between meals and making poor food choices because a lot of the time I thought I was hungry, I was really just thirsty

2. My SO being on the journey for better health and weight loss with me. It was much easier to stick to the lifestyle change when we are doing it together.

3. Doing some sort of aerobic activity at least 5 days a week and usually 7 days.

4. Honestly tracking everything I eat

The water and exercise are the ones that have the biggest effect. Even staying within my calorie goal (ie at the same deficit), if I skimp on the water or miss a day at the gym I will lose less or even gain that week. On those weeks that I manage to make it to the gym everyday and get at least 3 litres of water every day I will lose much more even if I go over my calorie goals.

Great advice and thanks for sharing. Congrats to you and your SO as well.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You look great! I love those last 2 pictures of ya :)
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look beautiful!
  • dudek90
    dudek90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    congratulations ! you look very good ! :)
  • bootcamp85
    bootcamp85 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.....I like how you had the 4 different pictures......nice
  • cardozm
    cardozm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    wow!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!