I have seen the light

Options
I have been resisting the change from white or jasmine rice to brown rice for a long time. I LOVE jasmine rice and sushi rice and at one point I think I got ahold of some crappy quality brown rice, because it's been stuck in my head that I HATE brown rice. All that has changed. I ate some brown rice yesterday and it was WONDERFUL! I have officially been converted. Now I'm trying to decide what to do with rest of the 50 lb bag of jasmine rice I bought when I moved for grad school. You all know, the "I'm too poor to eat anything but rice" diet.

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    lovely! i'm the same way, but with basmati rice - i need to check into the brown rice world too.
  • genielross
    genielross Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I found brown jasmine rice at Trader Joe's the other day. It is really good.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's also has brown basmati rice!

I had a meal at a restaurant the other day with short grain brown rice, so good and creamy! I bought some and I definitely prefer it to long grain brown rice. I got mine from Bob's Red Mill.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    welcome to the brown side :)

when i made the switch, i gave away what was left of my giant 25 lb bag of white rice on freecycle. Lots of people will be happy to take it....
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    send it to me!!!! i eat all kinds of rice - variety is the spice of life they say!! :love:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Donate the rice to your local food bank. They'll be more than happy to take it off of your hands. You might look around to make sure you don't have anything else to donate, at the same time. I think most of us have non-perishables we bought when they were on sale that we haven't gotten around to using and are close to expiring. :)
  • celtickarasu
    Options
    I think that might have been the problem. The brown rice I ate before was long grain. YUCK. This rice is medium or short grain. Much better.