Wii Zumba or Wii Just Dance 2?...

Options
2»

Replies

• ladybuggirls07
    ladybuggirls07 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks you all for your suggestions!! I think I will get Just Dance 2 and look into taking a Zumba class, just to see if I will like it... besides, I have an almost 4 year old daughter, 10 year old neice and nephew, and 14 year old nephew who will probably enjoy the Just Dance also!... (if only to watch me make a fool out of myself! ;) ) Thanks again! =)
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba!! I got to a class 3x's a week, but I also have the Wii zumba. It is great! Really gets the heartrate up and burns calories!
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I personally don't like just dance 2 and I can't say anything about zumba. Just wasn't much of a workout for me and lots of downtime in between songs but if you are looking to have friends over and have a blast then probably just dance

Jogging or running in place in-between song selection cuts out the down time a little bit.

Yeah I was doing jumping jacks but it still took me forever to burn even 140 calories.. I think for the calorie burn I'll go run the 1.5 miles to burn that or do my turbo jam... but if I am looking to get crazy at home with friends then sure Ill throw in just dane (I haven't touched it since I bought it months ago)
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the Zumba for Wii, but I do have Just Dance 2. It is excellent and fun (my four year old does it with me). I also wear ankle weights and weighted gloves while playing to increase my burn. The only complaint I have about JD2 at all is that I'm left handed and you have to hold the Wii-mote in your right hand. It was hard to adjust to at first because it just felt wrong, but I barely notice it now.
  • zumba_gal
    zumba_gal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    im a zumba nerd so i will say zumba...
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for ps3, it's really fun! I haven't tried Just Dance 2 for wii yet though.
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2 is better option. The Wii Zumba isn't that great..I tried it and sold it off. Doing the real thing is much better. The Zumba game also got bad reviews.

Exact same experience. The person I sold it to isn't using it either. Just not the same as the class. Just Dance 2 is much, much better!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Zumba, but I didn't care for Just Dance 2. Had to sell it. I just couldn't get into most of the songs. I like the first one a lot better.
  • yurhynesskilbs
    Options
    I have had Just Dance 2 for over 4 months now. I love it! I recently started using for fitness. At first I was using for a party starter, but the Just Sweat Modes are really a workout if you do the 3,000 pts a day one. Just Dance 2 will really work you arms + upper body out also since you are holding the remote and that signals the intensity. I just for Zumba for Wii and I actually like it too, it workouts out more of your lower body + waist since the controller fits on your hips/waist, there fore you are working more of your lower body+ waist. When I did the Zumba 20 minX 2 I was pouring buckets of Sweat in about 10-15 mins. My things, waist, back of legs, and arms really felt the burn after.

Just Dance has more current music and Zumba is Reggeatonand Latin

So it really depends on what portion of body you would like to work out!
  • zzticklemepinkzz
    Options
    I would definitely go with Just Dance 2. I have both and Zumba for me just doesn't get me sweating like the way I want a workout to be. I find the songs on Just Dance 2 are fun and some are really high energy. I also like to put on ankle weights while I play to up the workout :)

When I feel like doing Zumba, I set up a list of YouTube videos and follow them, then you get to pick your song and intensity. It may be an option so you could get both of the workouts your deciding over in :)
  • frankie_xox
    frankie_xox Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have both games and prefer Just Dance 2... I also find that Zumba does not get me as sweaty as JD2, but I was only doing the beginner 20 minute workout, so perhaps the intensity is higher in the more advanced levels?
    I also do some Turbo Fire/Jam sculpting workouts when I have time. Haven't been sticking to it as much as I should be, so haven't seen much in the way of results, but hoping to get more into the routine over the summer!