Good workout DVDs?

Options
Hello... need a little guidance... been going to the gym, but I think I need to switch up my workout... looking for some great DVD workouts. I am getting a little bored withthe gym. I took a peak at P90X... i think that is a little too intense for me. I am looking for something that I can still switch up with the gym. Something a little more flexible schedule wise. I know with a lot of programs such as P90X, you have to do them for days straight... any suggestions? I need all the help I can get.. thanks!!!

Replies

• bigalfantasy2004
    bigalfantasy2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I started with Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I liked it. The Zumba DVDs are pretty good too. I used them as supplemental disks to my running and biking. As long as you're staying active those will probably work great. I'm sure there are more out there that others might suggest also.
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    definitely jillian michaels 30 day shred. it is less than $10 at wal mart and a great 20-25 minute workout
  • curvycreation
    curvycreation Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Zumba looks like a great workout and fun, but I haven't tried it yet. You can also look into Billy's bootcamp for a great burn. The firm is hard to follow, but a great workout there too!
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i love all jillian michaels dvds!!! 30 day shred, ripped in 30, and no more trouble zones if you want a little longer workout. I have also heard good things about Jackie warners dvd's!
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    There are some good workouts on youtube.....also I recently went to Tuesday Morning and purchased a fitness ball (the big ball), workout bands, and a few other items, they came with workout dvd's, nice to change it up, I too get bored easily.
  • Pakitalian85
    Pakitalian85 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Awesome... can the 30 day shred be logged on MFP?? Thanks for all of the suggestions...I am going to look into them all!
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    I love jillian. 30 day shred is awesome, but no more trouble zones really kicks my butt
  • alitanga
    alitanga Posts: 5
    Options
    I agree with the other Jillian Michaels' fans out there, and Zumba is actually kind of fun, so I don't dread doing it. I think Jillian's DVDs are hard--but well worth it when you start to see results (which doesn't take very long). I hope you find some you like :smile:
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    most people log it under circuit training
  • DahnaLane
    DahnaLane Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Here's something a little out of the ordinary... Belly Dance DVD's. I have one, and it works muscles that hide from most everything you can do in the gym. kinda fun too. :happy:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Agree with 30 day shred suggestion! Also like the Burn Fat Boost Metabolism (it's longer but you can also choose one circuit at a time so you can customize it). I have Jackie Warner's one on one, it has an upper body, a lower body and a core, each 20 minutes. I like the exercises, but not too keen on the DVD itself (I think becuase her trainers/helpers each do about 5 mintues and she doesn't do much of it at all, I want to SEE somebody do the whole routine with me, LOL, but that's just me). Billy Banks Tae Bo Cardio is good and for more of a challenge the Tae Bo Ultimate challenge is great. Also if you have netflix, you can browse around for some on there. That's where I got the Jackie Warner one! Good luck!!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the shred. It looks great. I also do kettlebells - incredible workout.
  • kristina0206
    Options
    I've been dying to try the Jillian Michaels DVD's. Are they good for beginners?
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Just did day 30 of the shred and I agree it's great! Level 1 used to kill me, but I got to level 3, so my fitness must have improved!