Piyo and Chalean Extreme

Options
AylaL13
AylaL13 Posts: 10 Member
edited December 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
I just got both of these. Whose done either or both? Which one should I do first? How do you track this on MFP? Thanks for any guidance.

Replies

• hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I own both and am just getting ready to finish up PiYo; I haven't done CE yet. As for which you do first, it really depends on your preference/fitness level. PiYo is a mix of Pilates and Yoga while CE focuses on lifting. What are your goals?
  • AylaL13
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose about 30 lb. as well as more fit. Right now my main exercise is just walking and hiking. I bike occasionally. I have not lifted weights in years but I think I should.
  • kittikat1119
    kittikat1119 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I haven't done PiYo but I have done Chalean Extreme, and based on your goals I would start with that. You may not lose a ton of lbs with it but you will lose inches if you do it right. I think I lost 7 lbs in the first 45 days but I lost a ton of inches and looked much smaller, so take measurements.

From my understanding PiYo is meant to increase flexibility and some strength but isn't really designed for weight loss. Based on your goals, I would do PiYo second.
  • AylaL13
    Options
    Thanks Kittikat! I'm going to start Chalean Extreme on Monday! Reading through all the info now.