I'm Trying to Conceive

Options
Hi everyone!

So I got married several months ago and my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant. It hasn't happened yet, so that's worried us some. %68 of couples are usually pregnant after trying this long with no health issues.
I am slightly underweight (101 pounds at 5'4"), but overall healthy and energized with regular cycles. I made this account a while back, but this month I am trying EXTRA hard to conceive (we REALLY want to make a Christmas announcement). I am eating as organic as possible and trying to focus on key fertility foods. I would love to find some ladies in the same situation to help keep me accountable. Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Why the rush?
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Serious question... What are these fertility foods you speak of?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    How many months have you been trying? And why the hurry? You're only nineteen.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    You're young. Enjoy being a wife for a while.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

This. The 5 years we were married before kids were awesome. The last 12 since we had kids....meh. Kidding. I love my kids. But I would sell them. Cheap.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    You're trying to hard. Stressing too much about it. Just have sex. Don't eat special foods. Don't think about it. Go on vacation.

You're not going to able to make a Christmas announcement. Even if you were to get a positive test back right now, I wouldn't announce it until at least 8-12 weeks of pregnancy.

And kiss your young spontaneous lives goodbye at the age of 19. If that sort of thing sounds fun for you anyway.

Good luck!
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options

This. The 5 years we were married before kids were awesome. The last 12 since we had kids....meh. Kidding. I love my kids. But I would sell them. Cheap.

This made me laugh so hard! I totally understand. I love them, but holy poo! They make me crazy!!

To OP, if you want kids young, have at it! I had my first at 21 and the first thing I said when she was born was, "I want another one." 6 months later, was pregnant again. I am GLAD I had kids young! I'm 27 and done!

Anyway, I can relate to some fertility issues, so feel free to add if you'd like.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to a doctor? Are you getting regular periods?
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    As someone already said, there's no chance of a Christmas announcement as you shouldn't announce until 8-12 weeks along. This is because of a high chance of miscarriage for all women in the early couple months. Also, eating organic is in no way going to help you conceive nor are there any foods that really will. I'm 19 and couldn't possibly imagine having a baby for another five years at least but each to their own I suppose.
    Good luck!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    So I got married several months ago and my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant.
    Think your husband is going to find it very hard to get pregnant!

Best to talk to your Doctor rather than rely on "fertility foods". From experience he/she will probably say relax and keep trying. If you turn your statistic round then 32% usually haven't got pregnant so you are far from unusual.

Good luck.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

So I got married several months ago and my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant. It hasn't happened yet, so that's worried us some. %68 of couples are usually pregnant after trying this long with no health issues.
    I am slightly underweight (101 pounds at 5'4"), but overall healthy and energized with regular cycles. I made this account a while back, but this month I am trying EXTRA hard to conceive (we REALLY want to make a Christmas announcement). I am eating as organic as possible and trying to focus on key fertility foods. I would love to find some ladies in the same situation to help keep me accountable. Feel free to add me :)

It's 3 weeks till Christmas, how can you announce anything in 3 weeks?!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

This made me laugh so hard! I totally understand. I love them, but holy poo! They make me crazy!!

To OP, if you want kids young, have at it! I had my first at 21 and the first thing I said when she was born was, "I want another one." 6 months later, was pregnant again. I am GLAD I had kids young! I'm 27 and done!

Anyway, I can relate to some fertility issues, so feel free to add if you'd like.

Hummpfh wait until they become teenagers!! LOL! ;)
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »

Hummpfh wait until they become teenagers!! LOL! ;)

SHUT UP!

15ow0n5.gif