Whoops! Forgot to introduce myself

Hi! I've been lurking around for about a week now. I'm working on losing weight and getting healthy again. I have fibromyalgia, asthma, and some back injuries.I put on my weight after an accident and a lot of medications. So far I've cut out all HCFS and most of my processed sugar. I am choosing not to think of this as a diet, and I'm not denying myself anything I really want. I am simply monitoring how much I consume of what I want. I am hoping to get down to 150 pounds, but I am not setting a time limit for it. I understand that losing weight too quickly just leads to it pouring back on later in life. Nice to meet you!

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    hi welcome and gd luck:smile:
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Welcome. Good luck on your journey. I wish you all the best. If you need some extra support feel free to add me!
  • js97206
    js97206 Posts: 15
    Great first step. Just writing things down will help yo make big changes in what you eat.

I had asthma also, but had some food allergy test done and found I was allergic to almonds. Not a good thing, since I was drinking almond milk almost every day. And raw almonds were one of my favorite foods. Just letting you know that any food can do strange things to a person. I wish you the best on your road to good health!

Jim