New and Excited

Rocky3675
Rocky3675 Posts: 2
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone!! My name is Susan and I just found this site today. I have been on different sites, but I like the easiness of this one. :) I hope I can learn and lose by getting support from others. My goal is simple and that is to lose some needed weight to be healthy again. I am 36 years old, 5-9 and weigh 202. When I graduated I weighed 120. I am not wanting to get to that weight, but would be happy to get down to 140-150.

My husband and I will be attending his twenty year reunion this summer and I would love to turn some heads. HEHE Only because I went to school with the same people. I just graduated a two years later. But, besides being able to buy some clothes I haven't been able to wear in years I just want to be healthy for my children.

Replies

• Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Hello and welcome. This site is fantastic, easy to use, and full of wonderful helpful, supportive people.
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    You'll find this site not only helpful with tips and ideas, but very friendly and highly motivational! Good luck on your fitness journey! Friend me if you wish :)
  • cristi1956
    cristi1956 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi I am also new and have about 80 lbs to lose. Add me to your friend list and i can give u support and i can use some too. This site seems great and it makes it so easy. I put this weight on in the last 10 yrs stress stress stress. i am a stress eater or hopefully soonw ill say i was a stress eater :)

Good luck we can do it...
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Welcome! I found this site by looking for a fitness app for my phone about a month and a half ago. Pretty easy to use, very helpful tips, and tons of support and motivation! Best wishes on your journey and feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Hello!

There is a wealth of support here - you just to have to reach out, just like you have!

Coupled with your own determination, you'll be able to get to your goal! Welcome to the mfp family!
    D.
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Hear you on this one Rocky! I got tired looking in the mirror and not recognizing the person looking back at me. I joined in April but actually started my program in March. After finding mfp and I have to say I enjoy talking and viewing the many topics, I, like you, am commited to staying healthy and losing weight. My goal is to be at my half way mark (20lbs) by this Sunday. It's a journey but this time I packed for all the bumps in the road. Definately seeing it to the end. Best of Luck...feel free to add me as a friend
    P.S. Today my sister emailed me and my brother-in-law (who has never eaten healthy) has found out he has diabeties. Start today before you have to face those issues. It really hit home.
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    wishing you great success...I love this place and I'm getting healthy!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Hi everyone! I was told about this site from a really good friend about seven months ago. I joined and literally logged my food for one day and never went back to the site. I had zero motivation and let that take over. But I'm back and I am looking to add friends to my profile and get to know new people to help me and vice versa on this weight loss journey. I've been working out on my treadmill since Feb.2/11, about four days a week and its really been a learning experience trying to educate myself on how to eat properly. Everyday is a struggle, sometimes I just want to cry when I look at my treadmill, and the fast food commericals on tv make me want to pull out my hair. So I'm looking for others who feel the same way and some how can keep my motivation up where it should be. Thanks so much! Jennifer
  • Library87
    Library87 Posts: 1
    I just started today on this too! However I am more overweight than you I want to loose 100 pds. I know we can do it with dedication and hard work. Good luck to you!
  • Thank you, yes we can do it! Everyday it's a battle but a battle I'm willing to fit for.
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    You can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to. :)
  • GunslingerGirl
    GunslingerGirl Posts: 251 Member
    Hi! And welcome! This site is great. If you would like some more support feel free to add me :smile:
  • lauralou23
    lauralou23 Posts: 64
    Same here! None of my friends diet... so I need to get as much support on here as possible! I just joined last night on my phone and started really tracking today.
This discussion has been closed.