anyone doing Insanity?

Options
Hi there :)

I'm female, 27, currently wavering between 200-202lb. goal is to get toned, preferably drop a dress size or two.
I'm 6ft, so I'm not too fussed about fitting into a size 10, but would really like to fit back into my 14s. I'm currently in 16/18/20 (depending on cut of items).

I lost 140lb with a combo of crazy dieting and kickboxing/circuit about 3 years ago but put 16lb back on. Goal weight is 165-170lb, but to be honest, I think even 175 would be good.

I started insanity at the beginning of this week and it's kicking my butt. really need someone (some people?) to help me stay focused when I want to throw in the towel.

add me! :-)

Replies

• Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you. I need an accountability partner as well!
  • IndiaGuerita1983
    IndiaGuerita1983 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I made it through the first round and then two weeks of the second round. I promise that the first round gets easier as you go. Take rest days when your body tells you to. (For instance...I hated Cardio Recovery so I would take a total rest day on that day.)

I made it through only two weeks of the second round and realized that it was just too much for me. I'm not an Olympic athlete and even the modified moves were too much for me. I'd much rather run 13 miles than do the second round of Insanity.

-India
  • zerapha
    Options
    Thank you lovelies <3 Im so proud of myself, made it 9 days! Already I'm seeing an improvement. I can almost make it through all of warm up without dying :smile:
    Cant do push up jacks, pushups that have a jump up in the middle, or the v pushups - so I alternate with knee pushups. I couldnt even do those at the start so yay me. Endorphins after each session are amazing, so hopefully that'll keep me going.
    @SkinnyJeans - how far are you into it?
    @India - the thought of the second month is scaring me, but I figure I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I do want to run, but I can't. Too self conscious and really realllly clumsy. I attempted it a couple of times, ended up with really bad shin pain.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to "get toned", I recommend moving some heavy weights in the gym and keeping yourself in a calorie deficit. Also don't forget to consume adequate protein. Insanity is good as a somewhat high intensity cardio type program but it really doesn't help you much in the way of hypertrophy based strength training which is really what you want for your goals. Good luck in whatever you choose though :)
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i am in month 2 week 3 day 2. Its worth it. its great for losing fat as long as you eat right! most of the changes you will see will be in month 2. or at least thats how it has gone for me. I have done the program exactly how it said so i cant speak for the results if you do it in a different way.
  • nespinosa3
    Options
    I did Insanity a couple of months ago.....I would suggest pausing that and starting with a not necessarily easier, but lighter for your body workout. I did P90X, the Lean version, first and it helped me so much to get in better shape to then be able to do Insanity. If you really like it though, my best advice is don't focus on the pace that THEY are going at, go at your own pace. Be sure you are giving it your all, but don't get frustrated because you can't do it at their speed.
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You might want to try p90x3 lean which has great cardio routines (much better than p90x) plus resistance training