Options
jrpenafiel
jrpenafiel Posts: 25
edited December 2014 in Success Stories
This is me May 2014, 206 lbs. Obese level 2:
20ac95y.jpg

Here I am last october, 40 lbs. lost:

2mx1zk8.jpg

Currently I am down by 48 lbs. I am 8 pounds shy of reaching the "normal" weight category for my height. What I did is having a lifestyle change mentality instead of diet mentality. I just made smarter choices on what I ate and focused on my goal.

Replies

• Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That is great :) way to go!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You look great!!
  • jrpenafiel
    Options
    thanks!
  • butterflyemerge
    butterflyemerge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Outstanding work!

Just a heads up, your clock is wrong in the second photo, the photo is time stamped 8:15 and the clock reads 7:50. Sorry, I'm Type A, but I bet no one else noticed? :)

Can't wait to have the same success you have had!
  • jrpenafiel
    Options
    thanks. If you guys want to ask questions just fire away. My cousins actually asked me to make a "diet" guide for them.
  • DayByDayGetStronger
    Options
    That's all it takes my friend! No gimmicks or potions or supplements. You're doing great and inspiring so many of us out here :) Keep going and keep logging.
    Your friendly dietitian
  • jrpenafiel
    Options
    Thanks. It has been a real lifestyle change. A good example of the change is white rice. Alot of people would probably suggest to cut it out all together. So i just asked myself, can i really stop eating rice for the rest of my LIFE(i am a filipino and rice is a HUGE part of our day)? Since i know that i can't do that, I just started to control my intake. I eat 100-150 grams of white rice at lunch and dinner. Basically my technique is: Eat the good foods, control the normal foods, and cut out the junk foods.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • holyfenix
    holyfenix Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting at all?
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • jrpenafiel
    Options
    Not yet . I have only been doing bodyweight excercises like push ups and squats, However, now that I am almost near my weight goal I decided to develop my muscles more. I just bought a whey protein last monday and have increased the frequency of my bodyweight exercises. I am also planing to start going to the gym.
  • holyfenix
    Options
    You could stick with body weight squats a long time before needing to go to the gym. But you need to make sure they are intense. I would start looking at programs for body weight
  • holyfenix
    Options
    I meant body weight exercises not just squats
  • jrpenafiel
    jrpenafiel Posts: 25
    edited December 2014
    Options
    well someone suggested that as well. Before I was just doing parallel squats, now as much as I can I am doing it *kitten* to grass. He suggested that I research HIIT so that I can create my own program
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!