a returning fitness pal

Options
Hi everyone. It's been months since I was active on here (since the summer... now it's almost winter break.. too long!) Things have gone downhill and I've decided to come back. For those of you who don't know me, I am 19 and in college. The stress is killer, consistently getting 2-5 hours of sleep a night, and dining halls with a mandatory unlimited food plan that's already been paid for - talk about a recipe for disaster. I'm scared to go weigh myself because I know I have gained a lot, which is the same thing that happened when I was in school last year. After a lot of testing I was also diagnosed this week with PCOS, after suspecting it for a long time (but that is a whole 'nother post to make lol). I think I really need to be back on here so I can learn to have a sense of control over my life again and try to turn things around. I would be extremely grateful for any support from y'all, and I'll support you too! Feel free to send me a friend request. I'm glad to be back. If anyone has any advice they would like to share about dealing with balance in college, PCOS especially, or anything else then please post it here or contact me!!
MFP love :), Amanda

Replies

• sam_the_girl
    sam_the_girl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    sent you a friend request! It's my first day back to MFP since months of slacking off :) I'm back at it though and needing support!
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Peter Evans fas been talking about pcos and the paleo diet on his Facebook page. Might be of interest. Good luck on your healing journey.
  • wendydarlings
    Options
    Wow we're really on the same boat! I'm 19 and in college, I lost some weight on this but the work has really creeped up on me and I've lost motivation. I haven't logged on in months, but my weight's pretty steady, thankfully. (I also think I might have PCOS huhuh) Feel free to add me!