I ran for 20 minutes!!!!!!!

Replies

• williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Nice! I remember when I first ran 20 minutes on the treadmil for the first time..definitely feels good. I'm able to do upto 45 mins of it without stopping at about a 9 min pace..it feels good. Use this as motivation to push yourself further :smile:
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Ah, the dreaded Week 5 Day 3. I remember not sleeping the night before I was going to do it. Ran down the main road of my subdivision and did a little jig when the nice lady on the app said "begin walking." Great feeling of accomplishment, the first of many you'll find. Congrats and keep up the good work.
  • Hollisss
    Hollisss Posts: 88 Member
    Congrats! That's a major success :)
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    that's really awesome - congrats!
  • malcolmjcooper
    malcolmjcooper Posts: 79 Member
    I know I felt exactly the same I did the 20 mins last Tuesday and felt great afterwards didn't think it's possible but now I'm sure I can do it. Did week 6 day 1 last night nailed it :smiley:
  • mrssaver
    mrssaver Posts: 16 Member
    tomsarno wrote: »
    Very good. I am on week two using a tread mill due to weather. Did you only do the three days a week and not have to repeat any?

I have been running 3-5 times a week, but so far no repeats of weeks.
  • mrssaver
    Thanks everybody for the words of encouragement. It's nice to have a cheering section every once in a while.
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Congratulations!! That is huge! I felt the same way when I did it too! So awesome!
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    mrssaver wrote: »
    I told myself there is no way I will be able to run for 20 minutes straight. But, yesterday as I stepped on the treadmill I told myself to go as much as I could before stopping. I DID it!!!! I might be a runner after all!
    Sounds like me 6 months ago, now I can run for an hour. Congrats! Remember every journey starts with a single step!

• stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    thats great :smiley: congrats. it will get easier to go further and further :)
  • mrssaver
    update****I ran today for 45 minutes, something I thought I never could accomplish.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Yay!!! Go you! The first mile was a really big step for me-to run a mile without stopping. Then it was 5 miles...then a lot more LoL. It's addictive really.
    Running outside is WAY more fun! Do you usually run on the treadmill?
  • Masonless
    Masonless Posts: 139 Member
    Great accomplishment!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    thats great, I did not start running till i was 40,, IT CAN BE DONE!
  • mrssaver
    MSeel1984 wrote: »
    Yay!!! Go you! The first mile was a really big step for me-to run a mile without stopping. Then it was 5 miles...then a lot more LoL. It's addictive really.
    Running outside is WAY more fun! Do you usually run on the treadmill?

all treadmill running. I think in the spring I will start outside. Everybody says it's so much better (and harder)
  • OlgaGetsFit
    OlgaGetsFit Posts: 24 Member
    Yay! Congrats and keep it up!
  • miaelissa
    miaelissa Posts: 30 Member
    It takes me about a week to get through 1 day on c25k. Currently still on day 2. Lol
  • keladry89
    keladry89 Posts: 42 Member
    Great Job, keep it up!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Nice job! B)
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Wow! Very well done:-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!