Well it finally happened, I gained weight

For the first time since I started this journey I actually put on weight, 2lbs to be exact. I eat the same food every day so it's not that and I haven't cheated. I have been slacking on my water though so it may be that, some days this week I didn't get even half the water I should. It's a weird feeling, I just feel kinda numb. I'm more pissed off because I should have been in a new stone bracket today, but instead I'm 2lbs further away. Hopefully I can have a good loss this week to make up for it, 4lbs would erase this misstep and give me my usual 2lbs/week. I'm stubborn so this won't send me off the rails, so I'm in no danger of replapsing but I'm just really angry at the scale (poor guy gets all the hate).

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Your body will fluctuate naturally 1-5lbs, so you dont know whether its real weight gain or not. Getting angry at the scale is a waste of energy. You should be looking at the trend being downwards. Dont get hung up about it, just chill and keep hitting your targets and doing the exercise.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Please don't get angry. Weight loss is not linear. As long as the loss is trending downward you are doing great. Keep it up.
    As you get closer to your goal weight your calorie counting has to get more precise.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    I think it's too soon to freak out about 2 lbs. That could easily be water retention and/or a normal fluctuation.

Just stay the course and I bet you'll see that 2 lbs go away real soon.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    edited December 2014
    You are unlikely to keep losing 2lbs a week Every Week. I don't know how long you have been losing weight or how much you have to lose or what you do day to day. As you get closer to your goal, your weight loss will drop off and to keep up your loss rate you would have to exercise more and/or drop your calories. OR you can simply revel in what you have achieved so far, accept what has happened and go with it. Well done so far/don't beat yourself up/keep going!