The Plateau

Options
Hi all,
I just joined yesterday as I have been on a plateau for 3 mths and can't seem to budge any of the weight. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am eating the right amount of calories a day and I exercise. Does anyone alse have this problem. It is soooo frustrating. I know I'll get there in the end but its nice to have others support. :ohwell:

Replies

• cbaines74
    cbaines74 Posts: 77
    Options
    Maybe change up your time of exercise and increase it by like 10 or 15 minutes, I know how you feel, it sucks!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i was on a 12 week long plateau - i upped my water intake from 8 servings to 12 servings and that did the trick. good luck!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I just joined yesterday as I have been on a plateau for 3 mths and can't seem to budge any of the weight. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am eating the right amount of calories a day and I exercise. Does anyone alse have this problem. It is soooo frustrating. I know I'll get there in the end but its nice to have others support. :ohwell:
    I don't know but maybe change your routine? like change food, and type of exercise? Best of luck!
  • CrazyCatLadee2
    CrazyCatLadee2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have hit my own plateau and it's frustrating. My doctor said to really focus on exercising - take it to the next level. I have read about uping the intensity of the work out as well and have been trying to do some research online, also I know fellow members usually have some great advice, so hopefully they will be able to help us both! I really wish I had some better answers because I know how frustrating it is. Don't give up - just keep working hard!
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was just stuck for a few weeks. The scale finally moved. I did however take my measurements and realized I had lost inches!! I also started to measure all my food again just to be sure I was not eating too much and thinking it was less. Make sure you log everything. I actually took a week off from exercise, ate lightly, and then went back to the gym. I used the time I would spend at the gym to go out to walk, and did some heavy cleaning and raking that I logged. Maybe I needed that break from the regularity/predictability of the gym, and now I seem to be losing again.
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi maybe try zumba or cardio kickboxing to switch up your exercise! Then exercising doesn't get boring!:wink:
  • cterbogt
    cterbogt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi - I have been on a 11 year plateau since my daughter was born. I even got back to competitive sport for 2 year and while i was slightly more toned, I really didn't lose any weight or drop any dress sizes and considering how hard we trained ... let's just say I was soooo ticked off and wondered what the point was.

So a little over a week ago I came on here. I had tried cal control b4 and my general every day eating was less than what was recommended anyhow, so I couldnt understand why I wasn't losing any weight.

So I have taken the 3 prong approach. I am being strict with my cal - getting at least 20 mins of excercise (not consuming additional cals that I burn) and attempting to make water my friend.

In a week I have lost 5-6lbs, but I kinda expected it - the next cpl weeks will be the tell as my body adjusts to it all. I am hoping that its a formula that works. I don't have time to hit the gym and have only a treadmill at home that I walk on while I watch tv. I do have some ankle weights that I am planning to strap on as I walk and see how that goes.

My kids will be back on the weekend. Maybe my daughter and I will get out the Zumba dvd and give it a go.

Realise that you aren't alone. Hang in there. Review your diary - change up ur meals. It could be the littlest change that tips the scales. :)