Carb / Fat / Protein Ratios....?

Options
Hi guys!

When I originally started on MFP I tried to follow the guidelines set out for all the different food types.....so many grams of carbs, this many fat, this many of protein etc. But I hit a big plataeu and so tried to mix it up a bit and jump start my weightloss again. I stopped eating carbs after about 4pm, and tried to cut out processed carbs completely, and upped my protein and fruit and veg intake. It worked and I started losing again. Now Ive started noticing my figures in the food diary again.....I am always way over on protein, but under on fat and carbs. For example, yesterday I was 17grams under on carbs, 17g under on fat and 36 g over on protein. On Monday it was 40 under on carbs, 27 under on fat and 34 over on protein! I eat some carbs at night again now, but try to keep it to natural carbs in fruit etc or food that isnt too heavy, but I dont want to go back to having carb laden meals in the evening now because I find that it really bloats me up for a few days after.

Is it a problem for my amounts to be quite a bit over/under the recommended levels do you think...? Thank you for any help and advice!

Replies

• dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    No. It isn't a problem. Do what works for you. You can change the ratios to fit your needs. I do 40/40/20 p/c/f.
  • safetyscott
    safetyscott Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Im a protien metabolism type...so mine are 40P 25C 35F ... theextra protien makes me feel fuller ....and I dont miss bread and other carbs...so it works good for me.
  • safetyscott
    safetyscott Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you have added weight training into your diet plan....its better to go over on protien rather then under.
  • brindle619
    brindle619 Posts: 12
    Options
    How do you change the ratios.I cant figure it out