What do you mix up in...

Options
What do you all mix up in a blender bottle? I am 23 weeks pregnant and only dancing, walking, and chasing littles ones for now. I had been advised to start eating more healthy by my OB. I have never really had a problem with eating healthy but this pregnancy has been the worst for my eating habits. My others were not like this…I loved healthy with them. I barely have time for breakfast…we have A LOT going on right now. I do best at breakfast time with something I can drink (like a smoothie) but I can't use the blender in the a.m. because it wakes up my kiddos (very small house). I'd like to mix up something in my blender bottle to hold me off and give me energy until morning snack to go with yogurt or a hard boiled egg. Suggestions? I had a friend suggest Garden of LIfe Raw Organic Meal. Others?

Replies

• chouflour
    chouflour Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure which version of healthy you're going for you, but lets see...

You can make smoothies in advance. Toss them in the freezer and once they're hard you can leave one in the fridge overnight. A good shake/stir and it should be pretty milkshake consistency in the morning.

Also good in a shaker bottle would be something like greek yogurt and a high-antioxidant juice (cherry/cranberry/blueberry). You can buy or make fruit purees - nothing but fruit, a blender and maybe a little water and mix them to order.

I do a lot of enriched drinks in the morning. Coffee + milk + powdered milk + flavoring or OJ and powdered milk and yogurt.

In the winter I sometimes have soup for breakfast - you can get a variety of pre-blended soups. Thai curry soups might be nice, but I think you'd have to find time to make that yourself.
  • LessLikeHer
    Options
    I am just going for healthy. Fruits, veggies, lean proteins, less sugar. I eat mostly whole foods…nothing really processed but we do have processed foods once in a while. I home cook pretty much every meal. We *try* organic but if it's not available fresh at an affordable price we just live with what we can or buy frozen.

Thanks! I hadn't thought about making smoothies ahead and freezing them. I wonder if I could do a few days worth then thaw them each the night before I need them? I wonder if I could do my organic meal mix with some coffee and milk in one bottle. Couldn't hurt to try!

I drink bone broth sometimes in the morning. I could do that with a hard boiled egg I suppose. Thanks for all of the tips! I haven't really been into fitness at all for a year and a half and I'm just now trying to get back. I feel like I've lost all my ideas and will since I quit trying to be healthy and fit.