Why is the weight coming off sooooo slow!??!

Options
prjoy98
prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
I am SO frustrated by how slow the weight has been coming off. in 3 months I've only lost 9lbs. I know they say that the slower it comes off the easier it is to keep off. Im thinking tomorrow I just need to stop whining and pick up my Slim in 6 again! I need to get out of this slowness somehow and I have no idea how (besides restricting my sugar intake!!!:frown: ) ALL advice is welcomed!!!

Replies

• TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to tell without seeing your diary. Care to share?
  • faerybun
    faerybun Posts: 65
    Options
    three pounds in a month is pretty dang good, girl! i wish i could still lose that much, ah! [:

i've heard a lot that one of the keys to weight loss is patience. You didn't wake up fat, you won't wake up thin, you know! I used to be really anxious about getting pounds off super fast until I realized that my body just couldn't handle it and if I wanted to ever reach my goal weight, I'd have to be patient and roll with the punches.

much love girl, stay strong!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Just be glad you're not gaining!
  • Bjornulf
    Bjornulf Posts: 29
    Options
    Well, it could be several reasons, you haven't given much information to go on. You may be restricting too much and causing a hardship for your body. Possibly you are consuming too many calories and so not as much of a caloric deficit is created. Possibly too LARGE of a deficit has been created....

Without more information to go on, any advise would be amateurish and inappropriate. Not to mention potentially dangerous.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    What Bjornulf said. But, hey, 3 lbs. a month is pretty good... esp. if you don't have a whole lot to lose.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    If your pictures are any indication I wonder if your body is telling you that you have arrived...I see no evidence according to the pics - that more weight needs to come off....

Just saying...you look great...
  • melsheep
    melsheep Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi I feel your pain, I am a 56 year old stroke survivor trying to get back to pre stroke I joined this after hearing the success of several patients in the medical office I work in,11 pounds in 3 weeks etc. I keep complaining to my physical therapist who is also a body builder his comment is I do not have the ability to raise my heat rate enough. so I joined this into it 2 weeks Nothing. My biggest problem is I don't think I eat enough especially on weekends. If I don't eat the really good sweets that reps bring into the office then I am usually under my caloric goals but I'm not hungry! any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Mel
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    my diary is public for all to see :embarassed:
  • Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    well in my opinion....
    you should eat 5-6 small meals a day
    breakfast,lunch and dinner should be 300-400calories
    and all snacks should be like 100-200 which can be quick like a fiber one bar, protein bar or shake..and sugar is just bad for you and it always seems to be something i accumulate quickly even in natural food. just instead of eating a candy bar or something like that reach for some fruits and veggies. if you need any more help send me a message. im still on my weight loss journey...oh and exercise everyday cardio AND weight training!
    good luck and keep me posted. let me know of any success or failure(god willing there will be none of those ;)
    but i still have plenty to learn and accept any help
  • makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    agreed with someone, you didnt gain it in a night you aren't going to lose it in a night. just work your way down, atleast you lost that 9 and didnt gain it right ? so you lose slower then others big deal. you will get there ! just keep going
    ALSO depends on your metabolism, how much water you drink and the heavier you are when starting the faster it goes if your a moderate weight then its going to go ten times slower
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Try kicking up your calories a little bit, closer to the 1400 mark where your goal is and see if that helps maybe? You could fill that up with a smoothie or protein shake, that way it's not bad stuff like candy or whatnot. :-)
  • pinkpumpedupkickz
    pinkpumpedupkickz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you're doing for exercise, but also consider taking measurements.. you could be making losses in inches, just gaining muscle weight. A great trainer showed me a finger and a fist.. a finger is a pound of muscle, while the fist represented a pound of fat... measure! btw, I agree 9 lbs is great, and it is for sure better than gaining ;)
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I agree with RealDeal. The scale is only one thing to take into consideration. Are your clothes fitting better? Are you losing inches? As far as a suggestion- have you changed up our workout routine? Switching to something new can gear up your results.