Spaghetti squash

Options
Kimbie500
Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
I've not been a hater of spaghetti squash but it's always seemed like too much effort. Someone posted on here a couple weeks ago how they cook it in the microwave.Seemed simple, so I bought one. Made it for supper tonight - so easy and YUM!

So what you do is poke the squash a dozen times or so with a fork. Put it in the microwave on high for 12 minutes - I did 6, turn, 6. Let it cool enough that it doesn't scorch your fingers, halve, clean out the seeds carefully, and then scrape the spaghetti out with a fork. Results? 6 cups of light fluffy noodles that held their shape. Excellent flavor - slightly sweet.

Made up a yummy bean and veggie-packed curry for over top. 242 calories total! We will do that meal again!!

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    spaghetti sqush is super easy. Cut in half, scoop out seeds, pierce skin, throw in oven face down for 1 hour, pull out spaghetti strands. EAT! I love it. It goes with anything.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    BUMP
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    do ya'll use it in place of pasta?
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Wow! I didn't realize it could be that easy! Does it taste good with spaghetti sauce? If so, I might pick one up the next time I have a craving for spaghetti :-)
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I've baked it, but it takes too long that way.
  • xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options
    Great tip!
  • Gidget85
    Gidget85 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    you can also boil it to. boil, cut, scrap
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    it's AMAZING with spaghetti sauce. Just the other day I made home sauce from hunt's tomato paste, olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic, and fresh rosemary, cilantro, and thyme from my garden. SENSATIONAL!
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am really gonna have to try this! I am a pasta lover, it's the one thing I really miss since "dieting"